Middle School Fishing Trip

• burbob
    Hastings,MN

6th, 7th, and 8th grade students from Bloomington and I went on our yearly fishing trip this Wednesday. We fished from shore at Point Douglas Park on the St. Croix this year and had a great day. The largest group I have had, totaling 44 students and 4 adults.
    Huge thanks to Dean from Everts for setting me up with a flat of crawlers and a huge box of goodies full of tackle and rod and real combos for the kids. You are the best Deano
    Weather cooperated for us and we had a very nice day. We could have done without the smell of rotting sheephead thrown on shore, but I won’t get started on that I had a little discussion with a fella down there about what wanton waste means I kept it civil in front of the kids

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Was hoping to here how your day went. Good to hear it was agood one!Thanks for getting the kids out!

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

A big “THANK YOU” to you for getting these kids involved in a little fishing….I’m constantly shocked by the amount of kids that don’t have anyone to take them and teach them how to fish!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Atta boy Bob!!

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I think I would have enjoyed school a lot more if they would have taken us fishing. For that matter I think I would enjoy work a lot more if they took us fishing.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

what a wonderful experience for those children.
    congratulations.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am really excited for next year, I just got the green light from the boss to do a year long outdoors program. It would include things like; archery, ice fishing, camping, canoeing, hunting, orienteering, and basically anything to do with the outdoors. Look out swim team, hear come the crank baits

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hey,woa, wait one minute, that’s a decent gill isnt it?!?!?!

Tell me more. PM if its good!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

I just got the green light from the boss to do a year long outdoors program. It would include things like; archery, ice fishing, camping, canoeing, hunting, orienteering, and basically anything to do with the outdoors.

I had a class like that in high school, it went the full year. We went canoeing on the Big Fork for a long weekend and rocked climbed a few great places also.

Great job with those kids

If you ever need someone to speak or help during that time just shoot me a PM. I have days off during the week so it would be no trouble.

Ron

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great read and pictures, atta boy to both you and Dean for making a great outing for the kids

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.