pictures with posts.

• yeti
    Alma, Wi

The Mrs. and I have finally got a digital camera. As of late I have had a few successful outings and would like to include some pictures with my posts. Yes, I realize there are probably some instructions on how to do this somewhere on this web site, but as you know those of us down here in Alma can at times be mentally challanged. Any quick ways to make a post with pictures would be appreciated.
    Some folks say that there is a lack of h2o further down stream, thats why all the smart people catch all the fish further up stream.

Your pointers are appreciated.
    Love,
    Brian

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Brian, it works the same way attaching a pic to an email…as long as the photos are taken in too high of resolution.

Load them into your computer, click on Manage photos when making a post, Browse to find your photo…Update, close…finish your post and click submit.

If your pics are too large…the photo box will say something like “photos must be in jpg format” or something very similar.

Then the pics need to be resized before uploading…but try the above first…then we can go from there.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Hey Brian, I just experienced the same issues, Jon Jordan was kind enough to steer me to a site called ” Photo Bucket” you set up a user name and password and it’s a FREE service. Once I did that I was able to manage my pictures to the IDO site..Mike “Hairjig” Mulqueen

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The problem with photo bucket and like sites is two fold. If the photos aren’t resized, they tend to stretch the page with…then we all have to scroll to the right to reply or go to another thread.

The other and most annoying thing is if you close your photo bucket account…or even rename your photo…the photo on any website will show a big red X. The text will be in the post…but no photo.

Past posts have sooooo much info in them along with pics to illustrate the posts point.

When I first started catfishing I went back to the first day of the catfishing forum and started reading. Took me all winter. (Glad Tuck gave me his copy of Hooked on Phonics). The first thing I noticed was the lack of photos back then. Few had digitals I guess. Then when I started running across post with the red X…well, it was just annoying.

At this time, when a photo is added through a photo hosting site and it stretches the page…our crack staff of volunteers go in the post, save the photo to their desktop. Edit the size, then repost it using the Ido upload system.

Same with links that stretch the page.

I can’t say anyone likes to take the time to do that…but it’s part of their commitment to keeping this site looking good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.