Best WISCONSIN white bass waters?

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Researching an article on top WISCONSIN white bass waters in August. Wolf/Winnebago, Koshkonong/Rock, Mendota and the mighty Miss are already on my list. Anybody out there in IDA land have any other ideas? thanks!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

If you didn’t say the miss, i was going to. Man you can really get out there and whack ’em at the right time of year!
    pool 8 white bass

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

For some big white bass, try Big Green Lake. Not uncommon to catch them around 18 to 20 inches..Winter time is also a good time. They will biting year long..

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Ted,
    I enjoy your articles. My home water the St Croix River offers great whitie fishing. I’ve caught them up to 17″ out there in the dog days.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’d have to add to the list the at least the lower Chippewa River from Eau Claire down to the Mississippi. In the past few years I have had good numbers of these fish along with some nice sized ones down by Durand.

jimt
    Sparta, WI

Castlerock has a pretty good spring run with fish averaging around 2 pounds. The Buckhorn bridge and railroad trestle on the north end of the lake are excellent areas to try. Throwing plastics always seems to outproduce live bait for the bigger fish.

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Thanks, guys! You’ve given me plenty of stuff to git-r-done! Will be PMing all of you.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Ted,
    My vote is in for the Petenwell/Castlerock flowages. In the spring especially, the whities are thick. It makes it nice to take my younger neices and nephews out while I am walleye fishing they are almost guaranteed fish.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I have been to a lot of places but Mendota blows them all away and they are huge.

tritondoug
    Hudson, WI

I agree with SteveO. I live in Hudson, WI and the St Croix between Prescott and Hudson is just an all around excellent fishery. You can really get on a bunch of them and good size too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.