Wintertime walleye rehab

• jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

Lately I’ve been plunging into this “apocalypse now” style insanity with the constant cold, last week while taking out the recyclables I managed to get into full on hand to hand combat with a tide bottle, the neighbors got a pretty great show, the only solace I’ve had from this madness (other than muttering to myself organizing and reorganizing tackle) has been looking back to a day just before this cold set in, it was the PERFECT winter walleye day, calm, warm and sunny and for a few glorious hours of perpetually soaked hands and watching slip bobbers gliding out of sight life was good and the walleye vibe was meshed perfectly with the melting ice running down the sandstone, just figured maybe this might bring someone back from the edge, anyways I’m out got some walleye to harass before work tomorrow, 20 degrees and slowly falling barometer says I’m going to boost some dopamine levels and recharge the spirit, just gotta make it a few more weeks guys, better times are coming

tbrooks11

Daaaaang, wish i had a spot like that in my back pocket! Those look like some nice eyes! Nice fish!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The water looks low and you definitely need more snow there.

eelpout

Are you standing in the water, with gym shoes on, in the middle of winter????

desperado

looks like dairy barn boots to me

bendvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Jigmaster,

Is that below the Lake Eau Claire dam? I remember fishing there as a kid with my Dad.

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

yep lake ec dam, and correctamundo on the chore boots

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

the bulk of the snow is where it needs to be, far away by the headwaters, they can have it, we’ll get it in the spring in liquid form

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.