Another tackle box organizer

• Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

I noticed brook100’s post so I thought I would jump on the tackle tip band wagon. I picked this up on a Lindner/Stange/Winkelman type of show. Can’t remember which.

Wrap your trebles a few times with a rubber band. The rubber bands keep your lures from entangling with each other and forming a giant rats nest. Works for me. I also write on the lure it’s package info. Floats, suspends, sinks, dive depths and so forth.

-Boogs

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I remember seeing that show. The guy had small tubs full of crankbaits. Two things amazed me at the time. How may crankbaits did that guy have? It must be working but seems odd that a hundred plus baits can’t find some way to tangle.

Does this mean that I tried it? Of course not, untangling lures and cursing seems a fine tradition

BBKK
    IA

Yep! That trick works awesome for everything that has treble hooks. Next time you go to walmart pick up some tiny ones, then you can go from one hook to the other and be tight, you don’t have to wrap it several times. Also if you know any kids with braces, the little rubber bands the orthodontist gives out work perfect.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

The guys that introduced this to the Lindners is a Canadian Walleye guy that does ALOT OF TROLLING.

He uses the rubberbands and then just throws all the baits into basically a plastic shoe box.

It works

Dog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.