Costa del Mar 580G

• buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Ive been a oakley sunglass guy a long time im leaning towards a pair of costas with the glass lens in a green blue mirror any imput

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

I love the costas. I have the 580G green lense. Best glasses I have had to date. I am currently on my third pair after loosing one to Mille lacs and another to my dog

I used to wear O’s back in the day, but now I wouldnt even try a pair on after the costas

b-mac
    Hudson, WI

I never thought there was a much of a difference in high end glasses, but after spending time last spring with a buddy that had a pair of 580s, it was night and day compared to my Solar Bats (which I still think are a good pair of glasses).

Like you are probably doing now, I have been researching for about 2 months and tried a few pairs here and there and kept coming back to the Costas based on everything I found.

I ended up getting the Double Hauls in 580G Green Mirror. It was hard to find exactly what I wanted locally, but the folks at Joe’s special ordered what I wanted and they just arrived in time for a Valentines gift from my wife (she just doesn’t know it yet )

moger88

I was always an Oakley guy myself but after a year they would be pretty scratched up. I was pretty hard on them. that being said, I purchased some Costas with the glass lens and a year later, nary a scratch and I wear them basically everyday. Spendy but worth every penny.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Can you get them in a prescription lens ???

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Absolutely love my 580G!

Looking for a hot deal on a second pair:)

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I just picked up my 3rd pair of Costas a couple weeks ago. I still have my first pair and use them as a backup pair. They are 8 years old and the frames are pretty beat up. My second pair fell off my hat and got run over by a lawn mower. I will never own another pair of sunglasses with plastic lenses. No matter how careful you are with them, they are usually fairly scratched in a year.

You can get Costas for a fairly decent price on e-bay if you look. The pair I just got are Fathoms with the 580G lens in green mirror and I paid $155 delivered to my door.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I bought some RX Costas almost 4 years ago. They are the best. I compare them to hd tv in 1080p. I’m looking to get another pair this spring.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Where did you get your prescription ones at Ben ??

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Yes, I think I will have to get a pair of prescription 580s

as well. I had a pair of prescription Costa Del Mars for about 7 years until my Rx changed significantly…great glasses!

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Struss Optical in Red Wing MN Great CS there too!!

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Thanks guys

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve got a pair with green mirror 580G lenses–just awesome. Come to think of it, I have a pair with green mirror 400G lenses that are pretty darn nice, too. The 580Gs are much lighter, although that could be a difference in frame weight, too.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Where did you get your prescription ones at Ben ??

A friend of mine is an eye Dr. and is a Costa dealer as well.

If you have a current eye Rx he would love help you out.

I went to a local store where I could try some on and figure out what frame I wanted. I then had him order that frame with my choice of lens color with my RX. He mailed them to me when they were done. Simple!!

His name is Dr.Seim at Lexington Family Eyecare in Lexington, NE. (308) 746-1526. I just spoke with him and he said he would love to help anyone out if you have a current Rx.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Bought a pair of the 580g in blue lens tint the greens were out of stock. Best part you get a free coffee mug and a year subscription to outdoor life and marlin fishing magazine lady at cabelas told me 2 free mugs just figured id share

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.