Thoughts on the Can-Am Spyder

• orangewhip3x
    Blaine

I know the IDOers have opinions on everything…What are your thoughts on the Can-Am Spyders for riding?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

For me…to cramped leg position means after about 40 miles I need to get off.
    But I have bad knees also.

For the wife, she loves it, semi auto tranny and just a foot brake makes it easy to drive and the traction/suspension controls make it really hard to get into trouble.
    Pleanty of pep (108 hp I think) and it rides pretty smooth, steering is a bit quick for us motorcycle riders and gas economey is low, but if you asked her would she buy another one, she’d smile and say “you betcha!!)

Al

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Ride a Harley or wish you were riding one…

Dog

bigpike

My bride has a 2001 low rider. We test drove Harleys at a ride and drive a few weeks ago at Sportmotor. Drove the bigger bikes with the 6 speed trany, all I can say is WOW. Stretched both bikes I had out on a long country road and had a hard time reaching that 6th gear she had so much power. Very smooth shifting. As far as Can-Am, see the above post

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Here we go with the HD comments…..

How about doing a test ride? I believe Bombardier does a lot of promotional test rides for people like yourself with interest. Pretty interesting platform. Let us know if you ride one what your thoughts are.

bigpike

Quote:

Here we go with the HD comments…..

Ya, I hate when a guy gives his opinion on something.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Go up to Caswell Cycle north of Mora and have a go on one of Les’s. I’ve been told that the go like hell but if i need 3 wheels speed won’t be part of the equation.
    Bought a 750 Combat Commando Norton from him back in the spring of ’73. He is a Can AM, Moto Guzzi, & Kawi? dealer.
    I’m a Harley guy though now. Dyna, at the present.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

They are very unique machine. They have improved since the first model. They have a cruiser model know that is a lot better. As long as you go anywhere to buy except River Valley you will be ok!

You might want to wait until Aug.1st as Polaris has a new on road vehicle coming and as much as they hate BRP my guess is they are aiming right at them!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Go up to Caswell Cycle north of Mora and have a go on one of Les’s. I’ve been told that the go like hell but if i need 3 wheels speed won’t be part of the equation.
    Bought a 750 Combat Commando Norton from him back in the spring of ’73. He is a Can AM, Moto Guzzi, & Kawi? dealer.
    I’m a Harley guy though now. Dyna, at the present.

Wife bought her’s there, great people to deal with.

I own a Harley too, but I can’t say fast or powerful in the same sentence with the word Harley.

You buy a Harley because it’s a Harley, every other bike out there is mechanically better, but just doesn’t have the class that a HD has..:)

The Can Am is 10 times the bike the Harley is, even if it does look like it going backwards, just not for some people.
    Go test ride it and see for your self, it is an amazing trike if it fits what your looking for.

Al

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

I own a Harley too, but I can’t say fast or powerful.

You buy a Harley because it’s a Harley, every other bike out there is mechanically better!

Victory is 10 times the bike the Harley is it is amazing!

Al

PRICELESS!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I own a Harley too, but I can’t say fast or powerful.

You buy a Harley because it’s a Harley, every other bike out there is mechanically better!

Victory is 10 times the bike the Harley is it is amazing!

Al

PRICELESS!

Here we go….
    Sure if you like a bike that was designed by Flash Gordon and Arlen Ness..

Al

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Couldn’t resist!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Ya I know, sometimes posting here is just an invite for abuse..:)

Al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.