Battery Charger?

• eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

I’ve been throwing around getting a new boat. Hopefully this fall but anyways one question I have is would you get a 2-bank charger just for the trolling motor or would you get a 3-bank for the troller and the main motor. Most of the time I don’t need the main motor to be charged but there are times I think it would be more conveniant to be able to plug it in.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Heck if you got $$$ for a new boat get one for all the batteries. I have a 3 bank for the trolling batteries and (don’t tell the wife) but I just ordered a 1 bank for the main.

rdwheeler
    Hudson WI

Like he said, if your doing it, you might as well do all of the batteries. Especially if your gonna be doing alot with troller and running electronics all day. I just put a 3 bank charger in for my 3 trolling motor batteries and I have 2 main batteries, they are on a single bank charger, but I have battery clips to easily swap from one battery to another for long weekends where my boat stays in the water and I don’t have access to a charger. The first time you are stuck with a dead battery you would be willing to pay triple if you don’t just do it the right way from the start!!!

toothycritters

In my case I found it cheaper to get a 1 bank for the starting battery. I had a 2 bank for the 24v trolling, it is still working fine after 10 years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.