Dry Livewell

• rockriver

I love my livewell for bait and holding fish. Other times, I use it as another dry storage compartment thinking I won’t be keeping fish for table fare and it’s dry and clean so why not throw some gear in there.
    It works fine until I bump the aerator toggle switch with my leg (the switch is located on the rear of the boat below the splashwell on a panel with the light and bilge pump toggle switch) and even though I realize what I’ve done there’s already water pumping into the livewell. My boat is a polarkraft outlander tiller steer and what I’d like to do is install a guard over the toggle switch. Can anyone recommend a vendor that supply’s a guard for the typical plastic toggle or rocker switch. It’s probably called a rocker switch so I appologize if my terminology is incorrect. The only guard I can find is for the silver metal toggle switch.

milemark_714

I would check Radio Shack,they have toggle switches with a hinged guard on them.If I recall they were not that much,about 5.00 or so.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d just pull the fuse on that pump when using as storage.

-J.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

My sediments exactly Jon !!!!!

erod61

I have a Misty Harbor fishing model pontoon. On both front and aft livewells, the fill spout has a simple screw in valve in the very end that when closed completely shuts off the flow of water. In this way I can fill the front livewell and use the rear for dry storage. Works like a charm. Maybe a dealer can give you the part number.

clicker

+1 on the radio shack!

5.00$ you can get this switch.

Install it where you want. Take the wires off the old switch and run them to the new switch!

When anyone asks what the switch for, just tell them to NEVER flip that switch unless I tell you. Bad things will happen if you flip the switch!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Yep, thats the ticket, a switch is a switch, s happens no matter what one does

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.