Battery question !!

• wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Hey all just wondering if this is normal, I’ve got 2 12 volt Mega Tron deep cycle Batteries for my trolling moter that works fine. I give them a charge ever other month and this time I added distilled water to fill them back up and I was surprised to find out each battery took 3/4 gallon of water. Just curious if any of you have experinced that much water to refill?

Thanks

igotone

do not charge if already charged

looks 2 me that U r boiling them out

use a voltage meter and if U got around 12.4 U r good 2 go

use 2 amp charge rate just before U use them 2 top off

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If they were that dry something is over chargeing them. When thier low and water is needed to top them off it shouldn’t take more then a couple cups to fill all the reservoirs in each battery. Like said above use a trickle charge to charge them at about 2 too 4 amps, most chargers have a 2 amp. and a higher setting, use the lower setting. Are the batteries hooked up too your alternator in the boat motor so when its running its also chargeing the trolling motor batteries, you can wire it up this way.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Thanks guys I think you just answeered my question as I have been charging at a higher amp. From now on will use 2 amp, Thanks.

brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I have been using portable electronic chargers for several years now and never boiled out a drop of water, setting it at ten amps. With the old type chargers I would have to add water frequently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.