Im sure im commiting a sin!

• mule170
    Bemidji

OK so the wife is making me go on a work trip with her to Green Bay. I wasnt excited until she told me the details. We will be receiving free tickets to tomorrows Packers game. Im sure its a sin to go to a packers game and be from Minnesota, but I cant pass up a free game. Also we will get all our drinks for free. To seal the the deal we also get to see Kid Rock in concert before the game. I guess I will just have to live with my self after tomorrow night

super_do
    St Michael, MN

If you really have a problem with it, I’ll go with her in your place

DrewH
    s/w WI.

It would be a minor sin. Can’t we just get along.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I am a Vikes fan but it sounds like a sweet deal. With them winning the SB, the pregame show should be wicked. Especially with the weather that they are slated to have, I have to imagine there will be a sweet fly over.

I wouldn’t hold it against you.

Go Vikes

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

The positive about the situation is most likely the team you are going to see will WIN, as opposed to…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would go in a heart beat…just to use the stadium that Cougareye built.

desperado

With that schedule; I’d take add a vacation day on Friday, spend Fri/Sat at Algoma , and travel home Sunday.

That would provide a perfectly acceptable cover for the purpose of your trip.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Make sure you wear your purple Favre Jersey!!

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

By the time you leave, you’ll be converted!!!

desperado

Quote:

DON’T eat the cheese.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

It will be a real treat if you have never been. Or you could sell those Duckets for a nice little profit if you just want to stay at the Cock and Bull and drink.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I would go just to see Kid Rock, the heck with the game

Have a great time

stuart
    Mn.

Have your self a Rocking good time.I am GREEN with envy!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

Converted is not quite the right word to use for a Packer game. I think inebriated is the word you are looking for.

dd

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

That’s where my wife and I went for our honeymoon! Last time I went I brought some Viking fan friends and they wore Vike Jerseys to the game. Little kids were hitting them and yelling at them, but the adults weren’t too bad

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Remember, in Lambeau it is ok to urinate in the stands. When in Rome…

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Ya, and watch out for those Sconie women. All that beer, cheese and sausage…they get a little big and hairy east of the river!!!

Just kidding!!! (kind of)

mule170
    Bemidji

We will be staying till Friday night. I just found out that we have vip tickets and we will be drivin to the game and concert. Free beer,ride,game and concert Im very excited. The best part is my wife has work meetings in green bay most of the day Friday, so I can sleep the hangover off all day friday Thanks for all the postive input and I will drink a beer for everyone of you.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

2 questions: Is your wife’s company hiring? And how are you two getting along? Everything good? Just checking as a concerned IDO’er.

dd

mule170
    Bemidji

Quote:

2 questions: Is your wife’s company hiring? And how are you two getting along? Everything good? Just checking as a concerned IDO’er.

dd

My wife is a Nurse Practitioner and she usually gets a couple free trips a year. Thanks for your concern but my wife and I are very happy! We have been married for 13 years and I wouldnt change a thing.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Glad to hear it! Have fun at the game!

dd

(I never get any free trips )

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Have a great time. Lambeau is a great place to watch a game. Sounds like you will be in a club box. The seats are very comfortable, they have 2 Tvs in each box, 1 with a closed cuircut feed and one with the network feed and pipe in Packer radio Network sound. Make sure you go to Krolls on Friday for burgers. They are the best!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

have fun in the promised land, I’m staying home. Have a fun time and the tailgaters at Lambo’s parking lot are season ticket holders and they usually have a good party going. Be sure to walk through, you usually end up with more than you can eat/drink.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If I got free tickets and treatment like that, I’d even root for the Pack for the game.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Old clique, “sucks to be you” (not)
    enjoy

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

It’s not a sin to watch “Professional Football” occasionally

buck-slayer

You maybe the only Viking fan there that day but it will be the best time you’ve had in a long time.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

NBC has announced it will be pre-emting Obama and his getting back to work speech to air the Packers game in it’s entirety. Heard they might do that for the Vikings opener also except they would be pre-emting a rerun of Sesame Street, brought to you by the number 1

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Who Dat! Geaux Saints!!!!!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Instead of sleeping it off I’d go fishing in the morning. GB is one of the best places in the state to fish. I’d suggest not wearing a purple Brett who jersey. Borrow a Rogers jersey and join the Romans when in Rome.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.