GPS quit working

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

When I got to the lake yesterday and turned on my LCX-25, a small screen popped up that said GPS Not Responding. I figured it would take a minute or two to pick up a satelite, but never happened. This was the case the whole day. What would cause the GPS to not pick up? Does the puck have an in-line fuse on it…or can the puck just fry?

Thanks —

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

There should be a fuse for the puck wether it is inline or at the panel depends on the install. Many also have a switch to it as well. I would start there and then get a multi meter to check for current at the connection from the plug in that the puck plugs into. you may have to detach the puck and pull a bit of wire depending on your bats configuration.

The puck can crap out on you too…. -Mark

mojogunter

Those pucks are known to not be of the best quality. My guess is you will need to buy a new 4000 puck to fix the problem. I just sold one last week for a friend that had to buy a new one to replace one that died. The head unit went out, so he no longer needed the 4000 puck, because he has now switched brands. Last year I had to replace my puck as well when that one died too.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

On your power cable for the unit check power on the nema cable. That is what powers the unit inorder for the gps to work. This should also be switched power because they gps puck will pull power from the battery if its wired direct even when the unit is off.

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

The puck was bad…I had a second puck for my LCX17 and started the elimination process first by switching the pucks and I was able to pick up my position immediately. Lucky guess!!!

Thanks for the help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.