I have a new “Home Lake”

• pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Today I obtained a site to put my travel trailer on, down on Lake Shelbyville. Shelbyville is loaded with crappies, walleyes, and white bass. There are other species, but I don’t care about them. I haven’t used my big trailer in almost four years and am so happy to be able to put that thing to use again.
    I have had it at a place to sell since 2007 and have had two very low offers. I told the guy selling it that I was hoping to not get what I wanted and then be able to use it again. I didn’t “have” to sell it, but didn’t have a place for it. Pam and I went down to Shelbyville today and found the perfect place. We will be residing at Coon Creek R.V. Park in Shelbyville. We have a full hookup and the campground is open year-round. The campground is about 170 miles from home. Other than the fishing, it was important for me to be away from any cities. We have certainly found that here. Additionally, the people we met down there were all so nice to us. I look forward to reporting from that region of the Midwest!!!
    The next thing I need to address is which to buy first, a kicker or an HDS with good mapping. Before today I was leaning towards the kicker. However, having a good HDS with awesome mapping on an 11,000 acre lake is probably more beneficial…

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

You will need to take up Bass fishing, I hear that is a great lake for them and the Muskies are just starting to get their niche as well.

Ron

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Stop it Ron! I called my bass fisherman cousin and that’s all he talked about.

Shelbyville is absolutely loaded with walleyes, but most people don’t realize it.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Just remember, for every walleye you catch and take home to eat you are making more room for those pesky bass

I sure hope your new lake home is everything you and your wife want

Ron

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Congrats on the new place. Id go HDS for sure if you dont know the lake. the kicker wont do you any good if you are skipping over dead water. Learn the lake and the sell the HDS to make room for the kicker if you have to.

stevenoak

Check out Satterrfield Guide Service Website.They do the best fishing report for Shelbyville I’ve found.When they get busy it’s updated as fishing changes.Sounds like money might be tight for a bit while you settle in.But a day with a guide like them could really give you the jump on learning the lake and how th fish it.My dad and I fished it over Easter every year for several years.On windy days fishing can be good below the dam.Enjoy,it’s a nice lake.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Glad to hear the good news Jeff.

And I’m looking forward to looking at some pictures with reports of crappies & walleyes from Shelbyville!

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Thanks guys! I am eager with anticipation. I have to have the master bedroom redone. The original config has two twin beds, because my first wife and I didn’t sleep in the same bed (I know, I know…). I love sleeping next to my new wife, so I need some rework done. I’m hoping he is done with the remodel before Memorial Day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.