Lake Superior — Duluth

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Whos been out lately?

It has been a slooooooow start but fishing is starting to pick up a little. I may find myself out tomorrow if the winds are kind. Not sure if it will be Bayfield, Duluth, or up the north shore but ill do my darndest to get out!

I love this time of year when no weights, lead, downiggers etc are required. Simply throw back a crankbait 150 feet being the boat and hold on!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

At least you’re not dealing with St. Louis River disaster flood-mud this year.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Whos been out lately?

It has been a slooooooow start but fishing is starting to pick up a little. I may find myself out tomorrow if the winds are kind. Not sure if it will be Bayfield, Duluth, or up the north shore but ill do my darndest to get out!

I love this time of year when no weights, lead, downiggers etc are required. Simply throw back a crankbait 150 feet being the boat and hold on!

If I remember right, I think you and I filmed a “Hooked-Up” last year at this exact time….maybe even earlier? Oh what a difference a year makes.

That said, if it’s like everything else this year, it’ll be good when it does come around!

Joel

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Yeah joel, it was a little earlier. Those king salmon were sure fun. Its nice not to have to travel hours over to lake michigan, when they are right here in my backyard. And yes, this time of year a guy can pattern them and have success at catching them.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Grant! Your alive! Looking forward to some reports. Cant wait to get back up to your stomping grounds this summer! Hope ya smack em this weekend!

finman

My son and I will be up in Two Harbors this weekend to do some trolling. I’ll keep you posted!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Quote:

Grant! Your alive! Looking forward to some reports. Cant wait to get back up to your stomping grounds this summer! Hope ya smack em this weekend!

LOL. thanks bud! Give a holler if your ever up and maybe we can get out! Always fun to have a partner or two in the boat

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Grant:

Been busy, so not able to keep up, you moving back up to the home base or just able to get back up more often???

Mark

audemp
    Wi

I really hope to be able to learn Lake Superior this year and the techniques required to catch some of these lakers. I’ve never been on superior but I hope to real soon.

I’d love to tag along with you grant or anyone else familiar with how to fish up there.

I appreciate any info any of you can give.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Did anyone make it out? Been itchin to get out myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.