Lura?

• CCoops

I live in Mankato and work in Mapleton and 5 miles N of Lura. Anbody here fished Lura’s walleyes in the fall? I went Oct. full moon last year and lost one 26-29 inches boatside. Other than that we got shut out. I haven’t been back since. I’d love to here from someone that has fished it recently.

bassguy
    MANKATO

CCOOPS,
    I TOOK MY 2 LITTLE GIRLS OUT ON LURA IN LATE AUGUST FOR A LITTLE BOBBER JERKING. WE GOT SKUNKED. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME ON LAKE. I RECENTLY MOVED TO GOOD THUNDER FROM ROCHESTER AND WAS PLANNING ON CHECKING THIS LAKE OUT FOR ICE FISHING. I’VE HEARD THERE ARE A LOT OF WALLEYES HERE BUT IT IS A VERY SHALLOW LAKE. HAVE YOU FISHED THROUGH THE ICE ON THIS LAKE, AND IS IT EVER SAFE TO DRIVE ON WITH THE AERATORS?

tgif

You may not have room to drive with the amount of fishing pressure. Very shallow lake. Not easy to access either. TGIF

CCoops

Riggy,
    I have fished Lura through the ice and it can be great. Despite what TGIF said Lura is not that infested with other people. The lakes around Fairbault and Madison Lake are definately worst. Your going to want to be at the lake with plenty of sun light so that you can identify the areas of the aerators, but you can drive around them. There is an access on the North end, through Daily park (requires some walking), and on the South West end. Some of the best fishing is in the middle channels between the North and South basins.
    Another place to check out is the pool below the Rapidan Dam. I’ve never done it, but supposedly this is the time of year to be there. I’ve heard a few people boast of some real pig walleyes coming out of there.
    Good Luck.

bassguy
    MANKATO

THANKS CCOOPS FOR THE ADVICE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.