Francis

• tgh22

Has anyone fished francis this time of year? We were thinking of switching over to Francis and try the walleye hunt. I’ve been on the lake early for crappies so I’m very familiar with the lake. Any suggestions on how and where to pull out some ‘eyes?

tgh22

Nevermind. We found them. Along with some very nice sunfish. It’s nice to find a lake where the water clarity is respectable.
    Good fishin all.

bassguy
    MANKATO

IT IS PROBABLY THE CLEAREST OR AT LEAST THE MOST CHOKE-FREE LAKE IN THE WHOLE AREA. GOOD BASS FISHIN HERE ALSO.
    MY UNCLE CAUGHT A 10 LB WALLEYE OUT OF FRANCIS ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO.

tgh22

Hiya Riggy.
    Are you originally from Austin? Just curious.
    I must confess, we haven’t seen any tens. another thing about that lake is the color of the fish. They are picturesque.

bassguy
    MANKATO

TRIGGER,
    I LIVED IN AUSTIN UNTIL I WAS 7 YEARS OLD. 66-73. I HAVE NOTICED THE BASS IN THIS LAKE ARE THE LONGER LEANER TYPE VERSUS THE SHORTER STUBBERS IN OTHER NEARBY LAKES.

tgh22

Riggy
    You are correct. They tend to have a lot of length. But there are lots and lots of them. This is probably the best lake around for weeds. I’ve found weedlines close to 20 feet in depth.

bassguy
    MANKATO

2 YEARS AGO, I CAUGHT A BASS IN THE FALL THAT WAS 20 3/4 INCHES LONG AND IT WEIGHED JUST UNDER FOUR POUNDS. I HAVE NOT CAUGHT A HEAVY FISH THERE… YET

tgh22

Well we’ll be out there tonight so I should have a report for you guys tomorrow. We aren’t bass fishing but that sure hasn’t kept them away. Small but plentiful.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the reports and updates guys. We ALL learn from everyones sharing. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.