Fish Fry tips wanted

• Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

I use a food processor to turn club crackers into powder. Egg/egg beater wash to the powdered crackers to the oil. Once the first side is done, flip and sprinkle with slap ya mama Cajun seasoning. A little seasoning adds flavor. More seasoning starts to add heat. Season to your preference. Not a heavy batter like panko. Nothing but positive comments from everyone that has tried it.

Attachments:
    1. 0EE24221-421A-47B9-BF38-DB2DF5EC1638-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Youz guys ain’t cooking your fish right iffin ya gotta use tartar sauce. devil devil rotflol

Now some good old homemade horseradish. waytogo woot

Leo Dogg

Balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar make a pretty good replacement for tartar sauce.

picklerick
    Central WI

Really glenn?? Thought you’d be all over that Miracle Whip tartar. hah rotflol devil

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Really glenn?? Thought you’d be all over that Miracle Whip tartar. hah rotflol devil

whistling whistling coffee wave jester

tim hurley

Success! Made breading with lots of flour, some Dots pretzles, corn meal, & Panko. Cooked some in peanut oil and some in avacado oil, both stand up to heat well but I could not tell much difference in taste-avacado oil may be a healthier option but it is more expensive. Used a Dutch Oven on my gas grill but next year I’ll probably try something else. Thanks for all the tips, might try some with smaller batches threw the year. Did make tarter sauce, gotta try to keep everyone happy.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Tartar sauce is as bad as ketchup

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Dons chuck wagon, fish and chips is very good, peanut oil

Bad thing with Peanut oil is if your doing it for a group of people there maybe someone with a nut allergy in there somewhere…Beware….

catmando
    wis

I guess every dang fish fry and restaurant I have ever been to,in 50 years has served that poison tartar sauce, I guess it’s because no one eats the stuff. LOL!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Tartar sauce is as bad as ketchup

I’ll take extra of both if there are fries with the fish! Tartar is best if you have a homemade sweet relish, mix with mayo and a splash of lemon juice, I’d eat boot leather with that on it rotflol

bigcrappie
    Blaine

One thing you forgot Tim was to do Beer battered yellow onion rings before the fish as a appetizer. Absolutely the best onion rings possibility on the face of this earth.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

One thing you forgot Tim was to do Beer battered yellow onion rings before the fish as a appetizer. Absolutely the best onion rings possibility on the face of this earth.

I like doing onion rings and potatoes after the fish. It adds a little flavor to whatever you fry. The potatoes especially seem to pick up good tasting stuff from the oil.

tim hurley

Prove it BC, you don’t live far, I’ll try it!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.