Pflueger President

• gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

What are your opinions on this reel? How do you adjust the brakes or can you at all? I bought one earlier in the year and like it except I cant cast worth a darn with it. The adjustment knob is turned out and seems very smooth but I just cant get any distance even with a half ounce jig. I own several baitcasting reels so I am no rookie but far from an expert. ANy help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Angler II

It’s a great reel for rigging. If your looking for a casting reel pick up an Arbor. The larger spool on the Arbor lets you cast for miles. Presidents are bullet proof but I would not choose it as a casting reel.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Did the reel free spool pretty good before you put line on it?

What line are you using? What guides are on the rod? Are the guides and line the same as your other rods? The reason I ask is that I knew that one of my rod/reel would cast a decent distance, but when I spooled the reel with one type of spider wire I would not get near the same distance with the same amount of energy in my cast. I knew it was the spider wire and transferred the line to one of my trolling reels, then put either Berkley XL or XT on it and haven’t didn’t try any other braids on that setup.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have 3 Presidents and they’re awesome. I can cast a 1/8 oz jig a long ways. I run 6lb crystal fireline. They match up perfectly to a 69MLXF St. Croix. Unbelievable how well they balance each other.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

For the record, I’m almost certain the original poster is asking about a Pflueger President Batitcasting Reel. Not the spinning reel.

-J.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

For the record, I’m almost certain the original poster is asking about a Pflueger President Batitcasting Reel. Not the spinning reel.

-J.

So are you familiar with the baitcast version or did you just want to point that out? For the record…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

-J.

So are you familiar with the baitcast version or did you just want to point that out? For the record…

Just wanted to point that out.

For the record, I have about 20 baitcasting reels. None of them Pflugers. So I can’t comment on the problem. I am interested in a valid reply.

-J.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Ok just checking.

eyeguide
    Prior Lake

How do you have the brake on the left side of the reel set?

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

If right handle model, the left side plate is removed by twisting it downwards. It’s a centrifugal brake so you see six pins and pop in or out how many you may need.

Don’t own one, so that’s about third party info…

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Sorry that I havent stayed up on this. I did figure out finally how to get the plate off and now I love this reel. Casts like a dream!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.