Question for H20C users

• DkoyDan

I will be picking up an H20C (finally ). How useful is mapcreate? Would I be better off just picking up the H20C and a chip? Not sure how much use that mapcreate will be.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I never use Mapcreate anymore. The new Lakemaster chip has so much info on, I have no use for my old Mapcreate software. Plus, Mapcreate is not the easiest program to use unless you use it a lot.

Hope you are checking out http://www.jollyann.com for you H20C, he has a special going I believe on the unit with the Lakemaster card See Below

http://www.jollyannsales.com/shop/special_values.htm

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

I agree with Scott. I just had my H2Oc and ’07 Lakemaster Chip out this past weekend up to Ashby MN. It basically walked us right to my buddies cabin (BACKROADS OF THE BACKROADS).

Loved it and glad I didn’t spend the extra $.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Mapcreate is not the easiest program to use unless you use it a lot.

What he said! It’s not very user friendly. I use it to adjust my routes because it’s impossable to do on the gps without creating a completly new route. Otherwise I don’t miss it.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I didn’t even bother with MapCreate when I purchased my H2Oc. Jumped into a LakeMaster chip and so far, I’m quite pleased.

CentralBassman

The MN O6 amd 07 Lakemaster chips have mapcreate on them. So that why its a great buy. It works great a any handheld.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

DkoyDan, These guys are right if your in MN or WI. If you are in another state that doesn’t have Lakemaster, you might want mapcreate for roads/highways but not for lakes. For lakes, you definitely want a chip with lake map with contours. The package that Scott pointed out is an excellent choice if you live in MN or WI. If you fish other states, the new Navionics Hotmaps Premium chip may be a better choice for you. The more info you give us about where you fish, the more we can help you select the right product. Let us know if you have questions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.