Dive Bars

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Short Stop Bar in Coon Rapids. Great burgers and the typical Dive Bar feel.

Ellenson

Sportsmans in Clitherall
    Royal Bar in Park Rapids
    Anchor Bar in Superior

Jimmy Jones

Not really a dive bar, but Mauer Bros. in Elba is a family owned bar that’s been in the Whitewater Valley forever. Burgers, frozen pizzas, fish fries on Fridays. The bar pics posted earlier remind me of Mauers…. lots of animal mounts, many from the valley.

isu22andy

63 club in Rochester , rare gem to find in a big city . always enjoy the hunting fishing bragging board .

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I have lived in St Cloud area for 27 years and I have never been in Beaudreaus.

They have some interesting clients. I’ve been there a few times, I used to live in an apartment not far from there while in college. We would normally hit Ace, then walk across to Beaudreaus. We normally did not stay long.

I like Haffley’s in Richmond, MN. I might have to stop by there on my way to the Beer and Wine Expo this weekend.

Sal’s and La Playette in St. Joe, MN are also high quality.

Bob D

Hoot-n-Holler in Black Duck! Most pull tabs in MN, Heggies pizza and they only accept cash! Plus they have the siren/cord to pull and you owe the entire bar a round. Fun when people are winning in pull tabs lots of free drinks!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’ll second the Anchor Bar in Superior, WI. They were featured on Triple D awhile back and not much if anything has changed in the last 20 plus years. I just went about a month ago with my two kids and our bill was $21. Cant even go to McDonalds anymore for that.

They have some neat maritime memorabilia including from the Edmund Fitz.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Will wonder into Beaudreau’s in St. Cloud on occasion, small little spot but usually enjoy my time there. Otherwise, do like the st Stephen bars but don’t make it up there much anymore. Legion or muni in hack when I’m up there.

Beaudreau’s is right across the street from my office. I have never stopped in there. I probably should one of these days

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not really a dive bar, but Mauer Bros.

Great place. I use to stop in there often when I use to trout fish a lot in the area. Miss stopping in that place. Nice friendly people and great food

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Red Ram in Alma Wisconsin. Great burgers and fries plus the place has an ambiance that an old bar just “has”. Its never no busy.

I’ve been there. Solid pick.

Even less fancy is the “Dam View” down the road from there. The owner cooks up some massive hand pattied double burgers that weigh a pound and are pretty good too.

10klakes

Royal Bar in Park Rapids

Co-worker took me there once years ago when we were passing through, good burgers.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Bighorn Bar & Grill, Arkdale WI (Adams County), I look forward to a burger from there every time Im up that way .also a great Friday night fish fry

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Dusty Eagle – Dalbo
    Great Breakfast & all around fun joint.

Wild River Bar & Grill – Almelund
    Great Burgers, Stiff Drinks.

Outback Saloon & Grill – Stanchfield
    Good, Cheap Grub

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dusty Eagle – Dalbo
    Great Breakfast & all around fun joint.

Wild River Bar & Grill – Almelund
    Great Burgers, Stiff Drinks.

Outback Saloon & Grill – Stanchfield
    Good, Cheap Grub

Wild river is great. I used to frequent there and cjs

orve4

When Out in devils Lake Head to a little Town called Penn the Bar is the Buckhorn with Greg working behind the bar. Home made food a few friendly dogs to welcome you and popcorn the duck.

Brad Dimond

Not really a dive bar, but Mauer Bros. in Elba is a family owned bar that’s been in the Whitewater Valley forever. Burgers, frozen pizzas, fish fries on Fridays. The bar pics posted earlier remind me of Mauers…. lots of animal mounts, many from the valley.

Always stop in there when hunting of fishing Whitewater WMA or the river. Good place.

Mike West

Just went to a bar called Junkyard Bar this past weekend. It is between Siren and Spooner WI. Very cool place. Can’t wait to go back this summer and check out a band there. You could spend an entire day checking out all the old vintage stuff inside and outside of the bar.

Agree Kirk,
    A totally unique place. Great environment with a lovely staff!
    Been there a few times. Cool when a band is playing upstairs.
    Close to Lee’s and Voyager.
    Highly recommend stopping if anywhere close & if you can find it )

deertracker

Tom’s Burned Down Bar on Madeline Island in Northern Wisconsin. That is the dive bar of all dive bars. Basically a wall tent. You know all the random chairs/couches you see on the side of the road for free? This is where they end up. Awesome place to hang out though.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. 45D3DC25-4F48-4C45-A85A-EEC73CFA9C5A.jpeg

2. IMG_1971-scaled.jpeg

Deuces

The fully clothed one, eliminates some of the best dives in Nordeast (looking at you Deuce Deuce)

Hey now, is that for me jester Double Deuce was the first stop on my bachelor party bus, threw up in the bathroom sink, firefighter BIL twirled it down w his finger while i gathered myself so noone would get kicked out, still owe em for that one.

Dives are great, certainly made a resurregence here in the city w younger folks, was just chatting w my much younger cousin about this. Although it kinda sucks bc we hit up the moose Saturday night and I was the oldest in there by 15yrs at least. Knight cap, Jaros, 1029, dustys, grumpys, Jimmy’s etc still hold their own. Won’t even venture dropping names over Southside like CC, pats, frenchmans.

Anyone ever stop in at the Harriet Club in Pine River?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Where is EPG? I would bet he knows 1 or 20. whistling

A good one in AZ out side Apache Junction Tortilla Flat Saloon.

You might want to stay sober, there are 147 curves on the highway back to civilization.

Lol – ive seen my fair share. wink
    Schooner – mpls
    Frenchman – Richfield
    Long Siding Station – Long Siding

All time favorites are closed
    Poodle Club and Pearsons both Mpls

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Harley’s Beer Garden in Los Fresnos TX
    Anchor Bar in Superior WI

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Long Siding Station – Long Siding

Been there a few times. Big watering hole in the summer for motorcycles, and snowmobilers in the winter.

Jimmy Jones

Trestle Inn stuck out in the boonies from Finland Mn is a classic dive bar.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Tom’s Burned Down Bar on Madeline Island in Northern Wisconsin. That is the dive bar of all dive bars. Basically a wall tent. You know all the random chairs/couches you see on the side of the road for free? This is where they end up. Awesome place to hang out though

Dang. shock Keep up on your tetanus shots. jester Only in Wisconsin whistling

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Whitecap Inn east side of Mille Lacs. peace Strongest drinks on the lake. Pool table and you can have them heat up a Heggies if you are hungry. waytogo

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Only one downside to the white cap inn… doah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Dives are great, certainly made a resurregence here in the city w younger folks, was just chatting w my much younger cousin about this. Although it kinda sucks bc we hit up the moose Saturday night and I was the oldest in there by 15yrs at least. Knight cap, Jaros, 1029, dustys, grumpys, Jimmy’s etc still hold their own. Won’t even venture dropping names over Southside like CC, pats, frenchmans.

Haha yes, glad to hear those are all still around. Don’t forget the Cedar Inn on the Southside too!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Near my house there are two in Newport that would classify as dive bars. Actually that is all the bars in Newport! We visit both from time to time.

Erik Swenson

Anyone remember the Village Inn over in Vadnais Heights area? That was one of my favorites.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Anyone remember the Village Inn over in Vadnais Heights area? That was one of my favorites.

I thought that was a decent sit down joint not a dive bar Erik, my memory might be wrong, when I worked in the area for a short time we got breakfast from there a few times. I only was in around lunch time to pick up food a couple times.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.