Dive Bars

• john_h
    Hastings, MN

Mr-Sippi Bar in Hager City on the backchannel.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Only one downside to the white cap inn… doah

Ok, What gives?
    Sounds like a good story in there somewhere.

jwellsy

Up stairs at the Jolo Club on the end of Magsese Rd in Alongapo, PI.

I wouldn’t call it my favorite. But it was about the lowest dive bar I’ve ever seen. Just wondering if anyone here ever been there, done that?

blackbay
    mn

McCoy’s in Elk River
    Serum’s in Anoka
    Boondocks in Ray
    Border Bar in International Falls
    VRT in Buyck

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Anyone ever stop in at the Harriet Club in Pine River?

Yes, I was just thinking of this one, definitely a dive bar. We will swing by there on occasion when on way to wife’s grandmas cabin in the hack area.

The deer stand is another good one. otherwise if you ever wonder in the middle of no where Missouri, place called the bridge in Davisville. Complete dive but we work in the area a couple times of year and swing in.

I’m trying to come up with bars I’ve been in I haven’t liked!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I keep adding to the list but the thirsty moose in cherry is a must stop for me when I’m working up on the range. Best wings in Minnesota I’ve had.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Ak guy I remember both. If you ever get up the Chillkoot Charleys home of the one once curls. Has a room set up in bad of the bar just like the bird cage with some of the old stuff from what they could salvage.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Been there done that. Then go to Mom’s for one pesco tacos

27eyeguy

Plywood Palace in Moquah WI and Dales Twin Pines by Cumberland WI. I do need to get to the Junkyard by Hertel.

Deuces

Standup Frank’s still open?

Closed long ago, replaced initially by donny dirks zombie den, then meteor or something, not sure if still open. The zombie den was an interesting spot, big sign on front door with the rules, no phones, no cameras, no pictures, no sports jerseys, etc. Saw em kick folks out for selfies! Intersting drink menu, played cult horror films on the TVs.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

There’s a blast from the past. Stand up franks

tim hurley

Best bar was The Quarry (aka Jardins) in Port Wing Wisc. The back of the bar was all windows looking out onto Lake Superior, little restaraunt attached, good food, pool table. They also owned a hotel right next door,
    place had it all. People love lakes, makes you wonder why more bars up north do not have a lake view. Last time I was up there the place was torn down, other people where there too, mourning.

Nodakk

Second Dusty Eagle in Dalbo for their burgers.

Pinebrook just to the south on 47. Not sure if it 100% meets the dive criteria but has some great food

The Pickle Factory in Nisswa is my favorite for pull tabs

Parrot’s Cay in Grand Forks still has the best wings I’ve ever had.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m trying to come up with bars I’ve been in I haven’t liked!

Haha those are unicorns bud, they don’t exist! rotflol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ll throw a shout out to two local Diver bars near my hometown of Staples.

Friendly Inn located right in the center of three great fishing lakes
    ( Shamineau, Fish Trap, and Alexander ) I think it actually is a Motley Address.
    Place gets a fair amount of summer traffic as well as during a good snowmobiling season. Decent bar food.

Wahoo Valley located on the crow wing river. Real busy place during the hunting season. The usually have a Big Buck contest and lots of hunters hang out there and watch the Bucks being weighed. Good Food as well. I spent a ton of time in this place as a Kid. Friends and I would Ride out bikes from staples with our rods strapped to the frame and spend the day fishing and swimming the Crow wing river. We would ponny up a few $ each and stop into Wahoo and eat. The people who worked there always took great care of us kid. No one ever walked away from there hungry. I sure that single large fry we use to order and share was about 10X larger than the normal portion was. Endless refills on soda pop as well. really miss those care free times of my youth.

orve4

You mean the Unfriendly Inn? LOL this was our nickname for it when we would go to a dance or something their always seemed like a fight.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You mean the Unfriendly Inn? LOL this was our nickname for it when we would go to a dance or something their always seemed like a fight.

There has been a few of those in there. That is standard for a Country Dive bar.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

McCoy’s in Elk River
    Serum’s in Anoka
    Boondocks in Ray
    Border Bar in International Falls
    VRT in Buyck

VRT is epic!

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Hi-Way Inn in Princeton: cheap drinks & good bar food.
    Friendly Inn in Motley: cheap drinks & good bar food.
    Stone Hill in Cushing: good food.
    Pour Louie’s in McGrath: best damn homemade hot pickles I’ve ever had.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Funny this thread pop up as the other day I saw Dive Bars of Wisconsin on Twitter and they were doing a bracket challenge about best Dive Bars. The Championship is Midway Bar in Butternut vs. Chub & Sandys in Hurley. My vote was for the Midway Bar!

I personally love going to any VFW or Legion’s anywhere!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

Stone Hill in Cushing: good food.

if that is the Stone hill by Randall, it burnt down a while back….. amid some interesting rumors…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Stand up Franks –
    I remember walking into the place can’t remember walking out a few times toast

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

LOL that’s the one! Didn’t realize she went up in flames last fall.

picklerick
    Central WI

Funny this thread pop up as the other day I saw Dive Bars of Wisconsin on Twitter and they were doing a bracket challenge about best Dive Bars. The Championship is Midway Bar in Butternut vs. Chub & Sandys in Hurley. My vote was for the Midway Bar!

I personally love going to any VFW or Legion’s anywhere!

Our camper is just down the road from Midway Bar. Their eats are good and we stop in a few times each summer. I don’t do Facebook, so I won’t be able to vote.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Iffin ya Ain’t been to hayslips in talmoon you ain’t t been to a dive bar! devil whistling

bruce anderson

I second on the wahoo valley bar just north of staples. Great food ,dureing deer season you can shake some dice for a rifle. That bar is were i have seen the biggest deer of my life. When you see a 261 lb deer get weighed in and loose to a 160.5 lb deer because he wasnt in the contest. Been comping up there for 26 years now and it never gets old. Would like to go dureing the summer and try their tubing down the river

wkw

Back in the day the Blue Goose in Zumbrota was a dive bar. 3/2 joint on main street. Highlight of the year was when the Blue Goose womens softball team had their end of the season party. They’d pour 2 pitchers of beer on the floor and use a bar rag for home plate and practice belly-sliding into home. Probably the only time the floor got washed.

Viewing 29 posts - 61 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.