Devils Lake Advice

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I know there are probably a bunch of posts on here about this but….

What time of year is best for a trip out to Devils Lake?
    What guide services have you used and any feedback is appreciated.
    Is it worth trying to fish on your own first time out or just go with guides?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I am going out there over new years. This is my first time on the lake so without being familiar with it or the normal conditions (snow depth), I chose to get a guide the first day (Perch Patrol) and the 2nd day is renting a fish house thru Woodland.

I would prefer to get a lay of the land (or water) before exploring on my own.

FYI – it sounds like a lot of guides book up quickly so you may want to make some calls if you are looking for a guide

jim-c
    Minot, ND

Ice fishing on Devils Lake is typically best early and late in the season. Before Jan 1st or after March 1st would be the peak times but you can catch fish and have a great trip anytime during the winter season up here. There is a lot of water to look at and lots of good guide services available. It’s not a bad idea to hire a guide if its your first trip or be prepared to do your homework before you come. Nice class of perch in the lake this year, I caught a bunch of them jigging deep last week. Should be another great ice season on Devils Lake!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I booked my trip just after you mid January will have to get back in touch with you once your back so I can be prepared. Hope that we both have great time and catch ample amount of fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.