Lost Diawa rod & reel

• eleclady

Fellow Anglers-
    If anyone snags a Diawa rod & reel near the eastern most hump out in front of Troy Beach, please let me know as it is probably mine. It went overboard today when I gave the motor some gas, & I discoverd the lure was not secure & in the boat! It’s my favorite pole for trolling, so just in case you snag it, please send me a post.

Other than that, it was a fun day on the river, catching some saugers & silver bass in 20-30″ water depths.

Thanks,
    Eleclady

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Where’s Troy beach?

Ferny.

rangerkarlos
    River Falls

Quote:

Where’s Troy beach?

Ferny.

Hi. I’m ‘new’. I’m Karl and I’m married to eleclady. I act as her ‘captain’ when we fish the riv.

Troy Beach is due east of the ‘humps’, or what we have called the ‘sunken islands’. South of the I-94 bridge.

We were on the southern end of the larger, eastern hump when her rod went bye-bye. It has my DT-16 shad colored rap on it

We’ve been reading the posts here for a while. Great site!

See you on the water.

Karl

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

OK that’s where I thought it was. I didn’t know the name of it. I do here a little South of that area called the scout camp though. I think we’ll be in the area Wed night for our league night.

Ferny.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to the Best Fishin site on the web Karl & eleclady, hope you find your rig

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Karl & eleclady, we were out there today, no luck with your rod or eyes. I’m glad you started this lost and found post!

Let’s see.
    Lost:
    Green boat bumper last Sunday – Catfish Bar area
    Transom mount trolling motor, this spring – somewhere between the humps and Afton.
    Ice strainer, last winter – on the north break of the Afton Channel
    #14 blue rap – a week ago – south of kinni outside the mouth of a muskie
    red handled needle nose pliers – this spring – forgot location.

And fishing partners wonder why I wear my life jacket!

eleclady

Wow,
    You lost your trolling motor! Guess losing my rod & reel isn’t so bad.
    Weather permitting, we’ll be going out on the river tonight, maybe with some luck we can get into those ski’s.
    Eleclady

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well, I should be honest. Out of all those items, my neighbor lost his trolling motor and not me.

I think I’m going to go trolling with a magnet one of these days. Good luck with the Muskies, remember big blue rap….

Jira

Ok — So I didn’t find your rod and reel, BUT — I fished up a really nice Abu Garcia baitcaster on a 7’+ rod last Sunday on the bar out in front of Bluffs park. Looks like it just went in this year.. reel was a prrrty green color and the eyes on the rod were all in tact. It was loaded with fireline.

Anyways, if it’s anyone’s here… I didn’t keep it. I leaned it against the signpost the outside the porty potty at the launch.

…at least I was on the bottom.

eleclady

Sounds like a nice rig you found. Awfully good of you to leave it for someone else. In my search for a new reel, I ended up buying a Abu Garicia Ambassadeur C4. Haven’t been out with it yet, but it should be an upgrade from my Diawa. Now to break it in with a fish
    Eleclady

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.