best place to launch?

• josh a

I’ll be taking my dad out to the st. criox tomorrow, first time for both of us. Where is the best place to launch a boat on the MN side? Preferably between stillwater and afton, we’ll be launching around 6 am.

sandmannd

Between the two points you mentioned my pick would be Beanies. Great staff work there and take care of you.

I actually prefer to go a little farther south out of the Bluffs regional park. If you have a Washington county sticker it’s free, if not it’s only $5 and it’s the nicest launch on the river. Marina access so you aren’t loading and unloading in the current and great parking.

josh a

where exactly is the bluffs park? what time does it open? thanks a ton for the info

josh a

Just looked it up, looks like the bluffs it is. I’ll post a report tomorrow

mr-special
    MPLS

I’ll 2nd that, great launch and plenty of parking
    Just look up St. Croix Bluffs Regional park
    theyre open 7-til 1/2 after sunset
    ive left there well afterdark before and the gate does auto open to leave

Closet town might be hastings, its off of St. Croix Trail

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Prescott launch if you are there before 6 am

sandmannd

Bluffs opens at 6 AM. Good luck to you.

josh a

well i ended up launching at the boom site around 6am. trolled leadcore mostly in 12-30fow. caught 3 walleye and 2 crappie. left around noon. This was mostly a scouting mission as ive only ice fished for crappies on the river, never been on the open water. i stayed in the bayport to stillwater area, not sure if this is the best walleye stretch on the river but its the only spot i was familiar with. All the fish we caught came out of 15 fow

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.