Could've done without this…

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Well I brought my boat in to have 2 of the 4 carbs cleaned that were an issue when it came to accelerating. Not a big deal, 600$ but that’s just part of the game. Then they tell me that my transom is going out… Well that’s significantly more important… I’ve got a walleye tournament coming up I need to be pre fishing for! Just like that I’m looking for a replacement boat. 17 to 18ft tiller with a 90hp or bigger if you have/know anyone… Let me know! No electronics is ideal since I just upgraded all the ones I have on my current boat…
    Terrible timing. Turns out it’s pretty bad too, like the tech recommended I don’t go on the water much more with it. Unless I want to spend 2 to 3k on having a glass transom replaced.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

If your motor is still good, look for a boat that needs to be repowered and get it cheap.

Iowaboy1

dang Rj that bites !
    if I were closer and you didnt have to have a tiller rig I would tell you to come and get Nautalund II.
    hope you find something soon !! and of course,keep us posted on how you do !

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

My girlfriends dad is rebuilding the same boat I have. Got it for dirt cheap because it was a project that the guy didn’t get around to finishing after he tore it apart. He needs a motor, trailer, gas tank and a few other things. So I guess that portion of this situation worked out pretty well.

I’m going to look at a 175 alumacraft tournament pro tomorrow. Looks like a good deal. It’s a 2005 with a 90hp Yamaha on it. Hopefully it looks like the pictures and performs like he says!

Iowaboy, I would prefer a tiller, if a wheel boat shows up at the right price I probably wouldn’t be able to say no!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just because your transom is rotting out doesn’t mean you cant use it a few more times. Just don’t take in out in 4’ waves going wide open.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Just because your transom is rotting out doesn’t mean you cant use it a few more times. Just don’t take in out in 4’ waves going wide open.

I’ll likely be using it this weekend. Unless one of these other boats is up to snuff with what I’m looking for!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.