My new cattin’ rig!

• swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

After searching Craig’s list for the past few months and scrolling through thousands of listings, I finally found the boat I was looking for, and in my price range. It’s a 87 tracker with a 93 merc. flat bottom, and mod v hull. I have a few minor mods to convert it from a bass tracker to a cat tracker but over all it’s in pretty good shape.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Looks like a good cat rig ,but ya forgot to remove the Bass part on the windshield

It should read Cat Tracker

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

That’s on the list for the bass to cat tracker conversion. Why would anyone want to track bass? That’s almost as silly as a walleye tracker. Other mods will include lights, replacing one seat, and a few minor trailer repairs. The motor ran good and started right up and the hull is in good shape, no major scratches or dents. The foam takes up a lot of cargo space, but I suppose safety first?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Very very nice Cat Tracker!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Can’t wait for the inaugural run in the new boat Joe! Minnesota River flatheads better watch out! The Bass Tracker logo is just camo!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Looking great. Now we just need some warmer water for the flats to turn on.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

just cover up the “B”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

just cover up the “B”

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Has it been a long time coming? I’m a craigslist watcher too.

It starts to feel more like a cattin boat when you have rod holders and ways to tie up and anchor worked out. As I told my friend last year, I have no problem drilling holes in your boat. Anyway, I jumped out and took a pic of my new rod holders just for kicks. I’ve been using home made versions for a few years now until I found these cheap. Anyway, say goodbye to your disposable income for a while. J

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey Josh – are those Driftmasters?

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

D, no they are monsters. I was kind of put off by the hype the guy was putting out but I got to use some last year and they are ok. They’re kind of large. I picked them up used for $20 each and I don’t think I could find much cheaper than that unless it’s plastic.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

This one is a replacement for my ’72 mirrocraft. It is still a great little boat, but my dad isn’t getting around too well and I want to get him out fishing this summer. He’s a big dude, and the mirrocraft was a bit small. I just got the front rollers replaced on the trailer and rope cleats installed on both sides of the back. Luckily there isn’t a whole lot of expensive stuff to do on it, but I’m sure i’ll find something. Rod holders are going to be the next priority.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Yeah! Rock on! I remember last spring when I got my ‘toon… I’d been looking for a couple years myself. And yeah, getting set up was a process and took some $… but totally worth it!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Nice upgrade in boats. I fish from a similar rig. You can go just about anywhere in one of those. I’d throw something over that carpet.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

Nice upgrade in boats. I fish from a similar rig. You can go just about anywhere in one of those. I’d throw something over that carpet.

Yeah, like a nice, thick layer of flathead slime.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sweat ride. It should bring you many nights filled with adventure.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

I’m thinking of replacing the decking next year with marine ply resin coated and traction grit in the finish so I can just hose it down and call it good. some of it is pretty soft, but will hold up for this year.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.