Catfish rods Gone

• ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Hey guys if anyone by chance sees a st croix avid with indepthangling 2005 above the handle please let me know! I had 2 of my cat rods and another eye rod stolen from the truck last night at my house!! Both rods had abu 6500 c3 with 80 lb power pro! The other was a 7’6″ shakespear IM7. Im sure whoever took them knew what they wanted because I had my digital camera right next to them and they left that. Every year I get something stolen !!! I cant belive some people! Figured I would let the good people here at IDA know so you guys can keep an eye out for someone with that avid series rod. It had that GTG logo on it so its one of a kind and the others are with it Im sure! Thanks guys

gary_wellman
    South Metro

that is BS!!!!!!!!

Watch the pawn shops!!!!!! Let them know. I’m sure the clown won’t keep them if they are “logo’ed”.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s odd that they would take rods and not the camera???

It almost seems like it would be someone that knew they were there and what they were after. Kids wouldn’t generally go for fishing rods…unless you would have found them broken near by. If it was someone looking for money, it would be much easier to hock the camera than some cheap (as far as they know) fishing poles.

Glad you posted this though…make a police report as pawn shop operators have to enter items they recieve into a computer that looks for stolen items.

That logo will stick out like a 10/0 in the thumb!

justin_panno
    La Crosse, WI

that sucks I know how you feel because my little brothers stupid friends stole one of my baitcasters in the summer while I was in AZ.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hope you get em’ back, nothing worse than a thief!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

RBfishn,
    DO make the police report. and hope they find clowns, and your gear.
    I like to trust people, but I keep things locked up always.
    good luck.
    Jack..

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Justin I live in st paul park and about everybody who stops at super america can see my driveway and when the garage is open they can easly see all my stuff so I usually have to keep the garage shut at all times if possable

Thanks Brian, I just called in and reported it to the police. But like you said I believe someone knew they were there and what there for but well see how it goes. A rods a rod and they will get replaced in time but I just am sick of people who try and take shortcuts and not work for what they have. It took me 3 years to upgrade into some nice equipment and now its gone. Thats what gets me but its not nothing new and Im not the olny one its happened to
    I would love to catch one of them sometime trying to take my or someone elses stuff…

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Really sorry to hear about the theft, Joe. I keep hoping something like that will never happen to me, but living anywhere there are lots of people is almost a guarantee that you’ll be a theft victim at some point. It sounds like you’ve experienced more than your share!

larry_haugh
    MN

Sorry to hear that Mate.
    I had 2 stolen from me out of the boat parked next to my house last year. Now its everything in the garage at the end of the night no ifs ands or butts.
    Good luck recovering your items.
    thanks
    Larry

ggoody
    Mpls MN

That’s a bummer man……if you need to borrow any Cat poles give me a PM I have a couple I could spare until we get yours back or replaced….I’m in MPLS

Later Pier…..

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Thanks Pier but shes been pretty slow the last couple weeks so I might catch up on my GOLF game j/k I will be back in business soon.

If anyone wants some bullies I have about 4 good sized ones and another 6 or so smaller ones. Anyones more than welcome to grab them from me. Im right by lions levee park and might even point you in a direction to drop them

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I might catch up on my GOLF game

THAT’S NOTHING TO JOKE ABOUT!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

..but I just am sick of people who try and take shortcuts and not work for what they have.

I would love to catch one of them sometime trying to take my or someone elses stuff…

Amen brother.

audemp
    Wi

Hey RatherB, I have a Abu 6501c3 that you can have I upgraded to a 7000 this year. It is in great shape so PM me if you would like it.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

A friend of mine owns 5 pawn shops and I do know that they already are connected to the law enforcement in the area they are located (for the purpose of tracking stolen merchadise)..BUT… still contact them (in your area)with desription of rods , it may speed up the process if they do show up .I hope they are recovered for you ..It’s a sad lose to any fisher person…
    Good luck
    Jeff

david_scott
    Twin Cities

That sucks!

I will have my eyes open on the water to see if anything shows up.. If I see the rod I will be sure it comes home with me.

As for gear.. have all kinds around here your more than welcome to use until you get some of your own.

If you want to make it out on pool 2 tomorrow and use them bullies yourself.. shoot me a PM and we will hook up. I have been meaning to fish down that way for a while.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Truly sucks man. Wish I had something that nice to steal. Wanna set up a trap for em?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

WOW! YOU guys are awesome!

Offering up your own equipment is just…cool!

My hats off to all of you!

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Quote:

WOW! YOU guys are awesome!

Offering up your own equipment is just…cool!

My hats off to all of you!

That why I love the site here!! You all are great!! Thanks a ton guys!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I don’t want to get all soft* on all of you, but I think cat guys are a special group. I have never met a group of fishermen more willing to help and share as much as you guys. I haven’t met any guy or gal through catting that rubbed me the wrong way. I wish you guys could say the same about me.

*Brian, NO!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Maybe your problem with “getting all soft” comes from being “rubbed the wrong way.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I think cat guys are a special group

I’m willing to bet the mushy, greenback and bassholes would agree with you…

I’ve always wanted to use my “group hug” smilie…and now when I need it…it’s at home!

diezal

That just sucks, and really ticks me off, you know i’ll have my eye’s peeled and be watching for your stuff. I’ll be around this weekend, if you want to hit the riv just give me a shout… i think i’ll be hitting the shore spot and ditching the bullies..

eyebuster
    Duluth

Its a shame that the one place you thing you can go to relax can, go so wrong.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

I’ve always wanted to use my “group hug” smilie…and now when I need it…it’s at home!

Brian, that thing doesn’t include a big purple dinosaur does it

dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Nope…found it though (above)…I thought I had one that moved…oh well….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Brian, that thing doesn’t include a big purple dinosaur does it
    dave

I do a mean Barney impression. He’s a lot funnier when he cusses if I do say so myself.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I do a mean Barney impression.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me.

emover
    Malcom, IA

dave

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.