Browning A-Bolt 12 Gauge?

• goosehunter

i was thinking about getting one of these and was wondering if anybody had one.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Don`t own one or shot one but one of the things that does stick out is they kick like a horse to the point some claim painful from what I have read about them. I would venture to say these people are shooting during warm weather with out much for winter cloths on. Accuracy seems to be the big draw which is a big plus for this shotgun. They are pricey for a shotgun.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I don’t have any experience with the Browning but I do own a Mossberg 695 12-gauge bolt slug gun and that thing kicks like a mule on meth. It is as accurate as any slug gun I have ever used (with the right ammo – like most guns) but it is a solid shooter out to at least 150. That being said, I also own a pair of Mossberg 500’s in both 12g and 20g with the fully rifled barrels and those are solid shooters as well. These might be cheaper guns and I hate that Mossberg pump rattle but these can shoot well past 100 yards with the right ammo and a decent scope on them.

The 695 likes the Remington solid coppers and the 500 pumps like the Hornady SST ammo. My 695 did not pattern well with the Hornady rounds.

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.