Best quality pop up camper?

• chiefs 1968

Cost aside (because I’ll probably buy used), who makes the best PU camper? Or, who should I stay away from?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I couldn’t even tell you who makes them anymore. I know my dad had a Bethany but geez, that was back in the late 60’s! grin

Pauleye
    Onamia

Check your mail.

chiefs 1968

Great info Pauleye. But just like boats and guns. Some are better than others. Which brands stand out as the best?

jerry b
    western WI

My favorite popup truck camper is far and away the Texson, now called North Star. I’m on my second Texson that I bought off CL a couple years back. It was a 1 family camper that I paid a bit over $2000 for. Granted I had to do a bit of tinkering to get it back to good shape but it was all muscle power and very little out of pocket. If memory serves me, I’m thinking it’s a late 90’s vintage. I like it for the fact that I can toss it on the truck and head out for a long week-end of fishing or hook up the cargo trailer and go hide out out from the world for a few days. . applause jerr

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

We had a Palomino truck pop up. I wouldn’t recommend it.

It had a full size door. Nice for getting in and out of the camper but it had more flex than I liked. I didn’t see it as a rig that would last long if you planned on using it more than a few times a year.

The truck campers with the small door are much more sturdy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.