bws

• champman
    la crosse

How many boats has this been drawing? Is anyone fishing this tomorrow?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Are you looking for a return on your investment?

If I had to guess a # of boats, I would say in the low 30’s.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

This first one had 28 fisherman/14 boats. But don’t forget that it was a last minute decision to move to pool 9.

Haven’t heard how many are fishing tomorrow.

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Slop,

Boy, that new pic of you sure makes you look… respectable .

Thanks ,

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Gee thanks Jeff..

by the way…what time is it?

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Boy, anyone got a hanky? He taged me pretty good with that one .

Almost time to go fishin’. I’m leaving work at three, and I’ll be on the water by 4:15 this afternoon.

Man, I’m glad they’re not sending me out anymore. I just about hated being away from home. My last day is now Sept. 1. Leaving this position will be bitter-sweet, but hopefully the good Lord will put me into a job in VA that’s fishing-friendly.

Hey, Slop, maybe mama and I’ll come up so’s we can all go out to dinner and on one last fishing extravaganza. Don’t worry, my little lady will teach yours a thing or two about shopping .

Thanks ,

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Isn’t this the circuit that show up with one of those short yellow busses?
    They have the Hi Tech 5 gallon bucket for release fish and a special bonus that comes complete with a 2 hour delay for the guy running the show to catch up on his beauty sleep. Oh, and I almost forgot that once you are at the ramp you will likely find a sign saying the tournament has been moved to water you have not prefished for and had no plans of going to during the tournament. – Yeah-, If they draw 20 boat there will be 20 boats to many. They say screw the fishermen that the fishermen should return the favor.
    All we ask for is for them to not change the rules, take care of the fish we bring in, and show up on frick’in time. Not much to ask at all.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Standing next to Slop… If you look REEL close, you might find a REEL small part of a REEL guy…

The logo on my shirt is from a Mexican bait shop… they named themselves… “Master Baiters”… What a great name!

Oh, and I wonder if I should point out who actually hooked that fish Slop’s holding???

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Should I point out you’d still be looking for fish had i not taken us where i did?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Anyone else picking up the defensive posturing by our beloved Slop Bass? To think he discredits my stellar boat control and fishing prowess… Afterall, it wasn’t me that missed the 3+ pounder…

Have a great weekend, Slop!

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Quote:

Are you looking for a return on your investment?

If I had to guess a # of boats, I would say in the low 30’s.

Yup.. it worked

Nice Job Jimmy

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

So, Champman (Jimmy) won?

What did the results look like?

champman
    la crosse

hall, you me up! went pretty good for us, but a couple big fish died on us.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Yahh,

Dats wat dem der livewells are for bud, ya know you put water in em and stuff.

$30,000 Bass Boat, and Jimmy is using a 69 cent stringer to keep his fish alive!

Skeet

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve found the stringers with the big metal snap hooks work best. You just have to remember to pull the stringer in when you take off or all you’ll weigh in is a bunch of lips!

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Good one, Blue!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

How many boats, lbs it took to win, How was this tourney run? ( i am hoping for better news this time ) C’mon, your killing me here. I wanted to fish this but with my past experience with this circuit I was apprehansive to say thew least.
    jc

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Yeah, those big fish always eat live bait way to deep to get the hooks out. -sorry, Just joshing ya.
    jc

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Sorry… feeling talkative today… must be the adrenaline rush I experienced almost being flushed from my boat by that Ranger 6 feet from me at 50+ MPH…

But, I was just thinking… How many guys would love to be a fly in the boat while Blue & JC were fishing?

I mean, come on… it must be:
    1. Sarcastic witty comment after the other…
    2. Lots of fish being caught, one after the other…
    3. Liklihood is that most fish are probably all over 3#’s
    4. Then, without fail, some type of event that would trigger JC’s “crabbiness factor”… likely after a northern bit off a fancy swimming jig that we all know JC loves…

Oh, and not to mention the cerebral commentary about the REELy funny GUYs on the website making smart a** comments…

All in fun!

champman
    la crosse

we had 15.89 i believe with 1 dead one (hooked deep-didn’t use a circle hook like you told me to, jeremy )33 boats were in it- thought it could have been run better- but i’ve seen worse. quite a few good sticks were fishing in it also, must have been an off weekend. THE WORST thing was is that he didn’t issue any checks! He said that he would mail them to the winners and recieve them by wednesday, or else he would personally deliver them himself. Needless to say, this didn’t impress me much, now we’ll just see if he backs up his yap! THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN TEAM SUPREME tournaments!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

If you spent an afternoon with us you would need to bring a change of close. We have days where we can hardly fish because we are lauging so hard. The funniest events are the “words created by Tom” segment we always seem to have.
    There have been some dusies. In all seriousness the fishing is always awesome until “They” show up. “They” always ruin the fishing no matter where “They” go, or what “They” do.
    jc

pitbull
    Too far from the river

You gots to be kiddin…they didn’t issue checks or anything on the day of the tourny

What a joke!!

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Did the dude that ran the tourny show up before 6am

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Did you tell him you would bring your tourney dues in wednesday as well? I am glad you did well. I am itching to get back into a tourney. 2 weeks and TS is back in town. Can’t wait. Hope all is well and thanks for the info.
    see ya in a couple weeks.
    jc

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

To not issue checks is very bush-league. Did the tourney director get out of town w/o a permanent limp?

Now you know why I hold this circuit in the highest regard.

champman
    la crosse

in all defense, we all know that it takes more than ONE person to run a tournament. It usually takes about 5 people to run a tourny on that day-plus prep work. I think this guy is just way over his head doing this- thus quality falls off dramaticly. That’s the main reason why no-one has anything bad to say about TS tournys. I must say that he was at the landing prior to 5am that morning doing sign ups. But we didn’t get out of there til after 6. maybe acceptable. not at safe light though. so much for that early morning bite. Cudos’ should go to Nev and the gang for running a tight ship and setting the standard in which we live by now. Thanks guys! and gals! As fisherman, we all expect the most, so why not demand it, drive out the weak and let the strong survive- natures way of getting even.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Tom and I have made it a point to not fish these even with the 4 week layover which I must say is about all I can take anymore. Imagine if everyone settled for such sub-par performance.
    jc

TBASS
    ROCKFORD,ILL

Quote:

Tom and I have made it a point to not fish these even with the 4 week layover which I must say is about all I can take anymore. Imagine if everyone settled for such sub-par performance.
    jc

SETTLE FOR SUB PAR PERFORMANCE. I THINK WERE CALLED CUB FANS.
    TBASS

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

So, they didn’t issue checks or hand ya cash, champman? “The check’ll be in the mail.”

Good thing tournament fishermen don’t depend on checks to fish.

Thanks ,

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.