Derek Johnston & Scott Steil – Burning Hot Blades

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Derek and Scott,
    Very good article.I hope it will help some of the novice fall fisherman this year.Alot of people have all of their gear put away right when things start to get good on the water.We have are GNWC nationals on the Iowa Great Lakes this year from Oct.9-11th.It will be a great time of the year to fish for some of those big eyes.Best of luck.
    Ryan Hale

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Thanks Ryan.. Fall is a great time, a guy can hunt in the morning and fish the rest of the day.. Good luck this fall.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Hello Derek Scott,

Nice article but could you give us some advice on what type of spinner baits for dark or clear water and what size.

Thank You

scottsteil
    Central MN

Wefish, the B-Fish-N Glow blades work great in clear or stained water. Mille Lacs is relatively clear, as is Little bay de noc and LOW is rather stained. I have had good luck with the glow blade on all of these lakes. In addition to the glow blade, I like to run Hammered Gold in stained water and Silver in clear water. Every color seems to have its day.

I have been very impressed with the consistancy of the Glow Blades as they remain solid producers. I have been pretty much using them exclusively the last 3 months.

I do like the shorter 4 ft spinner length in stained water and the longer 8 ft leads in clear water.

Good luck!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Like Scott said, certain colors work better on certain days. The glow pattern on these blades worked well for me in darker deep water. The glow paint really shines well and like other brands, it wont chip off or peel like a cheap sticker.

RipnLips1
    Roberts,Wi

Scott,as in LBDN stained water,if you consider 3-8ft. water clarity stained you must fish some gin clear lakes.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Scott and Derek,where can I get these Glow blades?Thank-you.
    Ryan Hale

scottsteil
    Central MN

Jamie, you must be having trouble reading. LOL

I said LOW is stained. I consider LBDN and Mille Lacs very clear, as stated above!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ryan, they are made my Scenic Tackle but I believe they will be available at B-Fish-N Tackle. Not sure if they are available yet but they should be soon. They are worth checking out!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Thanks alot Scott,hope I can get my hands on a few in the future.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.