Alone

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

One thing the contestants always say on this show is ” I wish I could get my fishing lure out into deeper water “. I would tie a lure or fly to a dropper line and tie that to a arrow. I would then shoot the arrow out into deeper water and work it back. Seems like that should work, or am I missing something.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

As soon as I saw Benji going for that fat/meat mixture from the hide I was thinking that was going to come back to bite him.

He seemed to think that he had giardia, which comes from the water, not from animal meat/fat.

Perhaps he had a bad case of e-coli from the meat or fat, but I don’t think you can get giardia from that.

Either way, we may never know. Its not like they confirm what sickness he had.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>waldo9190 wrote:</div>
    As soon as I saw Benji going for that fat/meat mixture from the hide I was thinking that was going to come back to bite him.

He seemed to think that he had giardia, which comes from the water, not from animal meat/fat.

Perhaps he had a bad case of e-coli from the meat or fat, but I don’t think you can get giardia from that.

Either way, we may never know. Its not like they confirm what sickness he had.

They (medical guys) handed him a cup of whiskey, my guess is he was fine by morning.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like its down to 6 after last night’s show. Not sure how some of these people are going to make it much longer surviving off a squirrel every few days. Both of the guys that got a beaver are done too.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Yes seems to me some are spending way to much time on shelter especially the big shelters. Once the weather becomes cold they are definitely going to need some bigger game to survive. I’m surprised that some caught fish and when the bite was good not sure why they didn’t try to catch more and smoke for later date. Maybe there are restrictions they have to follow. They have definitely taken a toll on the squirrel population there.

Gitchi Gummi

Pretty surprising to see the guy get medically tapped only ~45ish days in or whatever it was. Ironically him getting that beaver was the death of him because he hardly hunted after that.

Yes seems to me some are spending way to much time on shelter especially the big shelters.

I agree for the most part. However, there is that one lady who’s shelter seems like its a TP that is cut in half (vertically), so it is completely open faced on one side. I’m hoping she has plans to completely close up the walls before it gets cold. Not sure why you would wait until you are depleted of energy to finish your build.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks like its down to 6 after last night’s show. Not sure how some of these people are going to make it much longer surviving off a squirrel every few days. Both of the guys that got a beaver are done too.

Thanks for the spoiler alert, I guess I don’t need to watch it now. jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Whittled down to just 4 participants now. I don’t know how many weeks are left but this one may go the whole season with just small game. I don’t think anyone is going to harvest big game.

disco bobber

I am thinking that the last one that was pulled had to go to a hospital. She looked awful.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I always pick 2 each season after watching 2 episodes and Juan Pablo and Adam were my picks.
    I was going to pick Benji but he was way too cocky. The ones who talk about their wife and kids usually don’t stand a chance either. Skinny guys are going to struggle unless they get big game like last season when he got that buck. Always one gal that makes it far but they usually come up short because they don’t eat enough.

Doesn’t seem like anyone is hunting more than a few 100 yards from camp.

The squirrel population has definitely taken a hit in labrador!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Looks pretty bleak for all of them . Still can’t get over the guy who did not have a bowel movement in 13 days ! That be one bad belly ache LOL Then they warn you to not try this at home , because they are trained professionals . The difference 500,000 dollars . LOL

ThunderLund78

I just got caught up after missing a couple. The guy that fell… it almost looked like he fell on-purpose the second time just to justify the tap-out. He was already hurting and “hobbling” around, not sure why you’d purposely step on a wet log sitting on a 45 deg angle with rubber boots. Looked intentional.

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

I dunno…is it just me or is this show starting to become kind of a snoozefest? Both my wife and I have watched since season 1 and we’re finding that we just are finding it less and less interesting. I kinda liked Tom…really liked the dyed hair trick (for tying up fishing flies) but I absolutely cringed when he got up on the log. I did the same thing a few seasons ago when the one gal was splitting kindling and cut the crap out of her hand…saw it coming a few seconds before she sprung a leak and wanted to scream at the TV! I’ll say there is so little on TV we will keep watching but we definately will only watch the morning after so we can FF thru all the commercials!

3Rivers

I’ve watched all seasons and really like the show.

I agree that it’s getting a bit repetitive, but certainly this season has taught us one thing to treat with respect and NOT eat. )

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I may need to start recording this. The commercials are getting ridiculous. frown

eyeguy507
    SE MN

what else are they trying to sell these days besides insurance and d!ck pills?????? i haven’t watched a commercial ever on the firestick.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The commercials are getting ridiculous.

It takes about 45 minutes to watch the 1:36 episodes when you FFWD through the commercials.

Juan Pablo is taking an interesting strategy.

I would not be disappointed to see Karrie Lee tap out, but it would not surprise me to see her win. She’s a bit of a whacko, but she maintains a pretty upbeat attitude, which is huge.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    The commercials are getting ridiculous.

It takes about 45 minutes to watch the 1:36 episodes when you FFWD through the commercials.

Juan Pablo is taking an interesting strategy.

I would not be disappointed to see Karrie Lee tap out, but it would not surprise me to see her win. She’s a bit of a whacko, but she maintains a pretty upbeat attitude, which is huge.

My wife and I are thinking it will be either Adam or Keri based off attitude.

Juan’s strategy seems quite flawed. It won’t take much more food for one of the other three to out last him if his strategy is to hunker down and not eat anything.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You didn’t see last night’s episode…

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

You didn’t see last night’s episode…

No we did, Keri definitely wasn’t quite as cheery as usual but that theory still stands.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This is a crazy season based on the remaining 3. None of them would have been on my list of possible winners.

Karie Lee is kind of strange/odd. She seems to keep getting some food at the point she needs to, even if not much. That strangeness might be enough to get her to the end. Mentally anyway.
    Juan pablo should have caught and smoked as many fish as possible when he had the chance. Then his strategy of just sitting back and not burning many calories may have been the right choice. I’m not sure if he shuts down right now he can outlast the others.
    Teimojin seems like the current favorite right now. He seems to be getting blessed with the most food right now. This last show he did seem like mentally it was starting to get to him though. If he can get past the mental part I think he will win it.
    Personally I’d really like to see Juan Pablo win. I’m really glad Adam is out. I was tired of all his whining. He just didn’t have it mentally. He was not looking that rough yet and had a grouse sitting right there next to him as he was talking about tapping out. I would have seen that as a sign that I should continue.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

No we did…

Spoiler alert, but Adam tapped.

LOL we went to bed with about 15 minutes left……didn’t think that would be possible in that amount of time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Juan Pablo for the win.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

He got lucky. Thought this show was about showing off survival skills not who could hang out the longest doing the least. One of the least skilled winners if you ask me.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

He got lucky. Thought this show was about showing off survival skills not who could hang out the longest doing the least. One of the least skilled winners if you ask me.

Had the same sentiment. I didn’t really mind him winning over the one beaver guy who was cocky, but I agree I would have rather seen him actually go for it rather than just wait it out. Made for pretty boring footage.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

A very boring season.

I think the show is less about survival skills and more about dealing with total isolation.

Gitchi Gummi

the last two seasons have been pretty boring. Roland set a very high bar in season 7. As much as I’d love to see it, I don’t think we will see someone that could outlast Roland or match his skill set.

ThunderLund78

Yeah, agree. Boring season. It might be hard to do but I’d like to see a Winner’s challenge. But after they get the money, they might be less-apt to put themselves through it again. Plus some of the original winners are getting older.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.