Alone

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Am I the only one who caught the season opener last night? They are in Labrador Canada this season. Was on at 8 o’clock on the history channel.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I sure hope everyone picked parachord this time…… whistling

I DVR the episodes and watch them later. I love skipping commercials. I sure hope this season has plenty of potential winners who do things instead of seeing who can starve the longest.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Funny you say that. One of the points made was how much extra weight they had put on to help endure. It was mentioned a couple of times that the winner will need to eclipse 100-106 days to win.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I recorded it too but haven’t watched it yet. I intend to watch the entire season of it again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What streaming service is this on ?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I believe it’s history channel. I stream it on Cinema otherwise you got to go cable or dish i believe?

ThunderLund78

Hulu used to have each episode streaming on-demand the day after it aired. Hoping they still do, I really enjoy ALONE.

tswoboda

It’s free on the History Channel app

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I forgot it started. I’ll have to set my DVR.

One of the points made was how much extra weight they had put on to help endure

I’m a big fan of Naked and Afraid. I recall one of the survivalists described that part of her training leading up to a cold-weather challenge was sitting in a cold bath and eating sticks of butter. shock

So, no one is going to ask what you’d bring? )

CaptainMusky

I only watched last season so haven’t been along for the ride like many of you. Watched the first episode and I have a feeling one of those women is going to do very well. Its tough for them to win because it seems they arent able to handle the loss of weight like men seem to, but it will be interesting to watch. They are certainly capable of handling themselves otherwise for sure.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

We haven’t seen (or at least I haven’t) all the contestants. I think the 23 year old kid will do well, but who knows. Should get to know the rest of them tomorrow night.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I only watched last season so haven’t been along for the ride like many of you. Watched the first episode and I have a feeling one of those women is going to do very well. Its tough for them to win because it seems they arent able to handle the loss of weight like men seem to, but it will be interesting to watch. They are certainly capable of handling themselves otherwise for sure.

I haven’t started this season yet, but typically they introduce the people that quit first, and do so in a way that makes you think they are the favorites to win it. In reality they just need to maximize the content from them, before the herd gets thinned in the first week or two.

tswoboda

This season already looks a lot better with multiple animals taken in the first episode. Last season sucked because they weren’t allowed to shoot anything and just sat there and starved.

I think it’s funny how they keep showing Polar bears and then the contestants are talking about hearing and hunting bears. Big difference between the blackies around their camps and white bears but the show makes no mention of black bears lol.

CaptainMusky

I think it’s funny how they keep showing Polar bears and then the contestants are talking about hearing and hunting bears. Big difference between the blackies around their camps and white bears but the show makes no mention of black bears lol.

I wonder what the chances they actually see any Polar Bears are. Hunting something that could be hunting you does not seem too appealing to me.

tswoboda

No idea but they sure seem to think they’ll get a chance to take a Blackie.

I always wonder if they have to pull a bunch of tags and licenses for every contestant or if they just work out some deal with the local authorities. Seems like it’s mostly open season on everything this year which makes for a way better show.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, I thought that was really strange last year when they had to wait to hunt for anything. I wonder why that was?

tswoboda

Have to assume B.C. made them honor local hunting seasons. There’s been regulations like that in past seasons but not to that extreme.

CaptainMusky

Have to assume B.C. made them honor local hunting seasons. There’s been regulations like that in past seasons but not to that extreme.

Makes sense. Why wouldnt they just start the show when season were open? That seems dangerous to not allow hunting to get protein for any length of time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They can’t have 2 people surviving 200 days. It would drag things out to long.

ThunderLund78

The only part that bugs me about the show is the Medical DQ – I get it for liability reasons and I suppose how you prepped your body for the show could benefit you in the long run. But it’s a really fine line near the end when they say someone’s too emaciated to go on vs the condition of those who get to keep going.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

TONIGHT at 8 on the History Channel

BigWerm
    SW Metro

TONIGHT at 8 on the History Channel

Dutch you’re showing your age, only appointment TV is sports, everything else is streamed at our convenience. It’s 2022 bud! chased rotflol

maddogg

First guy out after 15 days.

stout93
    Becker MN

Wow, one dude tapped out at 15 days.

Homesick and felt bad about killing a squirrel….

Either the guy totally pulled the wool over the producers or the production crew doesn’t do a very good job in their selection process.

The guy had no shame in bowing out early…I bet there was 100 other guys/gals that would have given anything to be on the show..

ThunderLund78

That’s another part that makes me think there’s a bit of an art to the production, they may actually seek out 1 or 2 “Big Talkers” that they know are softies. Or ones that claim they’re one-with-nature but can’t actually hack it when they’re out there. I think the audience likes to see a poser fail and then watch the real outdoorsmen and women do their thing.

CaptainMusky

That’s another part that makes me think there’s a bit of an art to the production, they may actually seek out 1 or 2 “Big Talkers” that they know are softies. Or ones that claim they’re one-with-nature but can’t actually hack it when they’re out there. I think the audience likes to see a poser fail and then watch the real outdoorsmen and women do their thing.

Its like jury selection. They pick and chose to fit whatever their narrative is. They dont want a fleet of cast members that could last the entire time without issues, they want to have some backstory. Surely this dude was clearly not fit to make this show and they no doubt knew this going in.

dennis smith

i know i missed a season but dont recall if this ever came up before but i thought the guy who dyed his hair different colors to make flies had a great idea.

CaptainMusky

i know i missed a season but dont recall if this ever came up before but i thought the guy who dyed his hair different colors to make flies had a great idea.

Yeah that was genius.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dennis smith wrote:</div>

Yeah that was genius.

Probably the most creative solution I’ve seen on this show to date. Not saying it’s gonna win him anything but he gets a big kudos from me at least.

Has there ever been a season with more restrictive fishing regulations? Fly or dip net, that definitely limits people.

As for the dude who exited — you can never know how your mind will respond to two weeks of total solitude. I think he had a great skill set but he just didn’t want to win as bad as he wanted to be with his people. after a childhood of avoiding people due to being abused, I can’t say I blame him.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.