Tullies 2-19-12

• sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

With the recent warm weather it was time to target some tullies on Big Sandy. My son Codi came home from college Friday night and we gathered some close friends for a Saturday morning trip. We were armed with the Jiffy propane auger, some hand tied jigs and 1/16oz slender spoons. We fished in about 30ft of water and could catch crappies on the bottom and tullies from 16 to 4 feet of water. We started in a tried and true spot and it delivered well until about 9am and then slowed down. We set out to a well know crappie location and only ended up with two. That night we decided we had to make one more run in the morning before my daughters B-day party. It was easy once I talked my wife into it and promised I would be home by noon! A dead battery just about ends my relationship that day! Turn the radio off! Any hoot Sunday morning we started even earlier but the main bite was between 7:30 and 9:00am and then you just plucked a few here and there. I even had a sucker make its presence on Sunday! It came up to 16ft to get a piece of the pie. Enjoy the photos!

Day one.

Day two.

Codi with the elusive Crappie!

Slender spoons!

Slender spoons!

Can’t say enough about this Jiffy Propane Auger!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Do you smoke those? We use to catch a big batch of them and take them into Morey’s to have the smoked. Yum!!! they even freeze up well for eating later. They are also a blast to catch.

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I have two different guys that smoke them for me. We use the you keep what you want to smoke them method!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.