2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Rossi is just night/day difference this season, you can see his added strength pretty much every shift…

He’s arguably been the Wild’s best player the first 2 1/3 games…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Rossi is just night/day difference this season, you can see his added strength pretty much every shift…

He’s been the Wild’s best player first 2 1/3 games…

Sure seems like it through 2.5 games.

Ripjiggen

Of course WE all think the Playoffs are the premier event, but I’m talking about part-time and brand new fans….The Allstar game is the best opportunity for the NHL to reach out to EVERY team’s fanbase & those curious about the sport, they just need to sell it better (that responsibility also falls on the players giving a $hit)

I can see both sides of the Olympics/World Cup participation arguments…. The owners are most likely paying huge salaries to the players good enough to make their respective teams and they dont want to see their players hurt and risk losing out on the playoff/cup revenue…

Players just want to play for their country but you dont see them offering to void their contracts if they get hurt so….

Sorry I just disagree. I think all star games are a thing of the past that is exactly like you said thinking it’s 1980. Players hate them coaches hate them and owners hate them except the host team. Most fans obviously don’t care for them either.
    People don’t care to watch a game that is nothing like the real thing in an exhibition format.
    Every sport is trending down for viewership in all star games because it is such half hearted attempt at the real thing. Hell baseball had to implement that the game means something by offering home field in the World Series and they are still dropping viewership in huge numbers. Baseball is the closet thing to a real game. Basketball is similar to hockey 175 to 185 point games of non realistic game plays.
    Football basically gave up all together.

If you want to grow the game he needs to think bigger than 1 exhibition three on three fake hockey game.
    Showing off the speed skill intensity to a slow non hockey moves skills game is not the answer. IMO

CaptainMusky

No one cares about all star games or pro bowls anymore. Time to move on. They’re cute but doesn’t grow the game at all. Regardless our special teams are doing well so far! 2 shorties and a PP

JoeMX1825
    MN

Nice backcheck effort by Merrill on that goal and then why would Duhaime fight up 3-1???

Ripjiggen

Joe one team is is usually up or down when a fight happens sometimes you just have to answer the call.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Joe one team is is usually up or down when a fight happens sometimes you just have to answer the call.

I doubt it was his idea, but they don’t need any more injuries right now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

its just Montreal trying to get momentum back, typical fighter wouldn’t oblige, Duhaime is just a little friggin crazy though…It also forces Wild to play with 10 forwards for 5 minutes… just not smart is all…

Ripjiggen

Don’t disagree, but Sometimes it is unavoidable. Don’t think they showed how it even started.

tswoboda

Pretty sure there’s history between the Wild and Pezetta. I can’t remember what it was but something happened between him and the Wild.

Also Duhaime is a knucklehead and I doubt be turns many fights down.

Finally a real PP goal and it was a beauty.

tswoboda

Found it. Watch to the end, Foligno kinda suckered him, he kinda had it coming

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ok, that was a sweet save by Fleury. Was that really the Montreal crowd cheering for him???

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Stone hands.

tswoboda

Minnesota wild, noted special teams juggernaut

Ripjiggen

Minnesota wild, noted special teams juggernaut

Save some of it for the playoffs boys… rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Man, Pazetta better have his head on a swivel again after this one. jester

John Merrill needs to just stay off the ice. He falls down or gets lit up more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

lindyrig79

Ahhh… I love a hockey game with a few good fights applause

Ripjiggen

Man if only this team had Ryan Reaves… whistling

tswoboda

Whoever is running the clock at the bell centre is having a rough night

lindyrig79

Whoever is running the clock at the bell centre is having a rough night

Guessing he’s been drinking

Ripjiggen

This game can’t get over fast enough for Deano.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I missed the 3rd period, looks like Kirill and Zuccy finally got rolling, was the Rossi line still a powerhouse?

23+ minutes for Faber tonight, man that kid is exceeding all expectations…

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Two shorties in one penalty? Can’t say I’ve seen that before.

Just found this in the Wild write up

The Wild’s two short-handed goals 25 seconds apart is the second-fastest in franchise history (April 8: Ryan Hartman & Sam Steel, 0:20).

CaptainMusky

Rossi continues to impress. He has like the most chances of any forward every game. He is strong on the puck and I saw him lose it a couple times and get it right back. Love to see it from the youngster.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Wild’s two short-handed goals 25 seconds apart is the second-fastest in franchise history (April 8: Ryan Hartman & Sam Steel, 0:20).

Nice stat HWF

Viewing 30 posts - 841 through 870 (of 5,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.