2022 NFL General Discussion

• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

What is with the Lions? Bad offensive game plan? Off week? The team finally being sucked down the crapper in the vortex that is Detroit Lions football.

Ripjiggen

All of the above. It’s the Lions.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What is with the Lions? Bad offensive game plan? Off week? The team finally being sucked down the crapper in the vortex that is Detroit Lions football.

Just added to the never ending list of teams Bill Belicheck shut down. The Lions will be back putting up points, and losing shootouts in dramatic fashion again soon.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

In addition to the 4-1 Bills visiting the 3-1 Chiefs next Sunday, the 4-1 Cowboys also visit the 5-0 Eagles on SNF. Week 6 looks quite entertaining.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Bills play at the Chiefs next Sunday. Could be an AFC Championship preview.

That should be an awesome game.

lindyrig79

Anyone else think analytics is WAY over rated in football? I’ve seen so many times teams go for 2pt conversions and come back to bite them.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Anyone else think analytics is WAY over rated in all sportsfootball?

Fixed it for you.

Can’t we just leave analytics to the death spiral of a league that is the MLB?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

How about Adams shoving the media guy over on the way out of the tunnel?

You’d think he would be happy not angry. Now that he is with his “best buddy” Carr, he will get that extended bonding time in January and February with no playoffs to get in the way.

Josh McDaniels is finding that living in Bill Bellicheats shadow wasn’t that bad after all.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

McDaniels will do just fine. They had a 1 point loss in Kansas City to a team everybody has proclaimed as being great. I don’t agree with going for 2 but I do like the attitude that they were going for the win not the tie.

CaptainMusky

Josh McDaniels is finding that living in Bill Bellicheats shadow wasn’t that bad after all.

This is his second kick at the can isnt it? Funny how some long tenured head coach “trees” pump out a lot of Head Coach talent, but with the success Belicheck has had there hasnt been really anyone. Patricia, McDaniels all have faltered.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

McDaniels will do just fine. They had a 1 point loss in Kansas City to a team everybody has proclaimed as being great. I don’t agree with going for 2 but I do like the attitude that they were going for the win not the tie.

He isn’t necessarily a guy on the hot seat or anything… but many thought with the talent infusion, a big name new coach, the stadium, and so on that the Raiders were going to be pushing for the top of their division. I think they’re more of a .500 team that will feast on the weaker teams.

They have a nice chunk of schedule coming up to really rack up some easy wins:

Texans
    Saints
    Jaguars
    Colts
    Broncos
    Seahawks

^Anything less than 4-2 there is a pretty big failure. I’d expect them to go 5-1 over that stretch and for everyone to hype the Raiders again like the preseason…before swinging back to reality when they face winning teams again to end the regular season and finish with a record around .500 missing the playoffs.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

How about Adams shoving the media guy over on the way out of the tunnel?

Classless D-bag!

-J.

CaptainMusky

Classless D-bag!

He’ll get a hefty fine and likely a suspension for that. The Raiders looked like they were going to walk away with it, but Mahomes just does Mahomes things. Classless fans were throwing beer cans at half because of the terrible roughing the passer call.
    You hear Aikman’s on air comment about “taking the dress off”? That will get addressed I’m sure too.

Ripjiggen

Fine no suspension. Get out of his way sound guy.

CaptainMusky

Maybe but remember when Rodman kicked that camera guy in the seeds at Target Center? He got an 11 game suspension I think.

Ripjiggen

That was Rodman not Davante Adams.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Laying on a bed of money. Lol

Attachments:
    1. 3BF7F9DA-645E-42B5-84C5-71BC26C457B4.jpeg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You hear Aikman’s on air comment about “taking the dress off”? That will get addressed I’m sure too.

I think the Comment was spot on. All this protecting QB’s has gotten way out of control. They might as well put flags on them and play like 7 year olds do.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Classless D-bag!
    <div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Davante Adams THROWS HELMET & pushes cameraman over after the game” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/8q3exi_vwM8?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>
    -J.

You got that right. He is a Total Classless D-bag !!! A guy is there just doing his job and gets treated like that. That should get him a suspension for sure. But my guess is it Won’t

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

All this protecting QB’s has gotten way out of control.

It occurred during the Falcons-Bucs game yesterday too. Grady Jarrett tackled Tom Brady in a legal fashion that would have given the Falcons the ball back with just over 2 minutes left (they were down 21-14), but they called roughing the passer instead. The Bucs simply took a knee three times and ended the game.

You can’t hit em high, you can’t hit em low, you can’t land with your weight on them. Not sure what else a defensive player is able to do on a quarterback anymore.

JEREMY
    BP

Why couldnt he land on him last night. QB should have been considered a defender at that point because other dude already had possession of the ball. Think that was a way weaker call then the one on Brady which was bad also.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You can’t hit em high, you can’t hit em low, you can’t land with your weight on them.

And that Brady hit, he didn’t even do any of that and still got a flag. Ridiculous. The one last night should be reviewable as Carr fumbling changes everything there, but I at least understand what the ref saw.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You’re a professional team in sin city, the meca of gambling. I would never, ever be surprised there are questionable calls.

tswoboda

Ripjiggen wrote:

Maybe but remember when Rodman kicked that camera guy in the seeds at Target Center? He got an 11 game suspension I think.

Need more camera guys like this…

Attachments:
    1. RJ51.jpg

tswoboda

tswoboda wrote:
    Need more camera guys like this…

That cant be real is it?

It’s the real deal! Coolest thing I learned today

rj51photos.com/about/ – copy/paste, the link isn’t working – his logo is absolute gold!

lindyrig79

I heard Devante Adam’s was charged with misdemeanor assault. Due in court in Kansas City in near future.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Man that was about the worst offensive game by 2 teams I have seen in the NFL in a long time last night. Last week Thursday was bad but this was worse. Fitting a muffed punt was the decisive play.

Justin Fields is going to be the best NFL WR of all the former Buckeye QB’s! rotflol Guy is crazy athletic, fast and has a good arm, but terribly inaccurate and doesn’t seem to even attempt to read a defense. Only time he gets to a second read is on a rollout/bootleg which is about middle school level offense.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I checked the score at half and it was 3-0 Washington. I thought it was old so I refreshed it only to still say 3-0 at the half. lol

The NY Rangers scored the same amount of points as the Bears last night!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Fields is bad, but the coaching staff isn’t even trying to help him succeed. He wasn’t this coaching staff or gm’s pick…so it’s almost as if they are hoping he fails so they can move on without blame and tear off the bandaid. I’d say the odds on favorite move for them to do with their impending Top 5 pick is to go QB again and dump Fields to the bench.

He’s not a pocket qb. Get him on the edge with more RPO’s or quick slants, hitches, bubbles and let his athleticism win you a few more games. Instead they’re trying to treat him like the pocket passer he isn’t. Chicago is going to implode. Those 2 early wins might be the ones they end up with on the season. Their talent tank beyond QB is empty too. Mooney is a decent talent, Montgomery is a decent talent, and Roquan Smith is a solid talent at LB. Most everyone else on that roster could be confused with practice squad players.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.