2022 NFL General Discussion

• gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Who do you think will be some of WORST teams in the league this year??

I think the Seahawks will be terrible without Russel Wilson. I also think the Falcons and Jets will be bad.

My vote is Chicago and Houston as the worst two teams.

Atlanta will be pretty awful too. The Jets have been a perennial door mat for years now.

Another team that looks pretty atrocious on paper is Washington. Even the NY Giants went 4-13 last season and I don’t see them improving much.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

My vote is Chicago and Houston as the worst two teams.

Atlanta will be pretty awful too. The Jets have been a perennial door mat for years now.

Another team that looks pretty atrocious on paper is Washington. Even the NY Giants went 4-13 last season and I don’t see them improving much.

I agree with you pretty much all around. I think the NY Giants could surprise a little bit IF they stay healthy. But that’s a big if.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

pretty sure you can put the Browns in that list. i think karma finds them for the stupid crap they did. some teams will forever be doormats and the Brownies and Jets always at the top of the list. I would say Bears and Lions but i think both will surprise some. unpopular opinion but i think KC will struggle all year to stay .500. the loss of Hill is bigger than they think.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Interesting you guys bring up the Browns, what a whirlwind few years for them. Doesn’t seem that long ago that OBJ went there and tried to build a super team, recruited Jarvis Landry, and a lot of their many high-first-round picks were used to put a real good defensive unit together. Then Baker turns out to not be Aaron Rodgers, OBJ hates it and forces his way out, and now this…..

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Texans should be the worst team easily I think. Although the Bears, Falcons, Jets, Seahawks and Panthers should give them all a run for last. The entire NFC East is so bad, the records won’t be in the convo as they get a few cheap wins against one another, but Giants wheels are falling off already. Washington I think will actually be decent if Wentz can play at least half the year, they upgraded at QB/RB and have last years starter for depth still.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Carolina won’t be bad if CMC stays healthy. Seattle has a chance to be real bad but think that is part of there plan. Nobody thinks the lions will be bad? I mean they had 3 wins last year. I mean they did beat the purple though.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Nobody thinks the lions will be bad?

I sure don’t, they only had 3 wins but they were in most games and fought to the end, which is very un-Lions like. I like their coach a lot, and they have a decently talented roster and I’m a big fan of Aidan Hutchinson. I think they finish just under .500 and well clear of the Bears.

lindyrig79
    Participant

I’m kinda with Werm. I think their offensive line is improved. Goff isn’t terrible and if Swift is healthy I think they will be competitive. Not like playoffs or anything, but a decent chance at .500.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Nobody thinks the lions will be bad?

I sure don’t, they only had 3 wins but they were in most games and fought to the end, which is very un-Lions like. I like their coach a lot, and they have a decently talented roster and I’m a big fan of Aidan Hutchinson. I think they finish just under .500 and well clear of the Bears.

Is this the common man? So your saying the roar will be restored.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Is this the common man? So your saying the roar will be restored.

Haha yes exactly, 7-10 means the roar has been restored. Bears will be lucky to get to 4 W’s imo, and I was going to say 3 but they always get 1 freebie from the Vikes at Soldier Field.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Yeah maybe. Just feel like the Lions always bring in this hard nosed changing the culture type coach and it wears off after a season and a half. No doubt they have more talent hell they draft top 5 every year you would think eventually you would hit. Goff is not very good though. Agree though bears are a mess and will probably ruin any hope of Fields.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Haha yes exactly, 7-10 means the roar has been restored.

Haha, this quote is always money. Restore the ROAR

lindyrig79
    Participant

NFL Season Opens tomorrow, Bills and Rams should be a great game.

To add some other spice to the weekend games… just read Za’Darius Smith signed with the Vikings to specifically get revenge on the Packers, LOL. Quote:

“Walking past me not saying nothing. Z how’s your back doing? There was none of that. As you can see, that adds on to why I’m on the other side. So I can go back two times a year. I put my back on the f-ing line. I put everything. And that year three, I was treated bad. That’s why I’m here now. So, I can play them twice a year”

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently SoFi Stadium in LA is not air conditioned and its near 100 degrees there this week. Could be a little warm there tomorrow night, especially playing football in full pads. There is an excessive heat warning through Friday.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

NFL Season Opens tomorrow, Bills and Rams should be a great game.

To add some other spice to the weekend games… just read Za’Darius Smith signed with the Vikings to specifically get revenge on the Packers, LOL. Quote:

“Walking past me not saying nothing. Z how’s your back doing? There was none of that. As you can see, that adds on to why I’m on the other side. So I can go back two times a year. I put my back on the f-ing line. I put everything. And that year three, I was treated bad. That’s why I’m here now. So, I can play them twice a year”

^…and here I was going to guess he went there because he knew he’d be guaranteed an extended offseason smash

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Apparently SoFi Stadium in LA is not air conditioned and its near 100 degrees there this week. Could be a little warm there tomorrow night, especially playing football in full pads. There is an excessive heat warning through Friday.

Oh no what are they going to do? sleeping

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Kicking off the regular season with a few futures bets and a parlay for the week (shown below). Time will tell if I am donating fun money or adding to the pot. What do you IDO experts think?

Parlay for Week 1:
    -San Francisco over the Bears, Colts over the Texans, Ravens over the Jets

Futures Bets:
    -Giants = Under 7 wins on the season (7 = a push)
    -Bears = Under 6 wins on the season (6 = a push)

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Kicking off the regular season with a few futures bets and a parlay for the week (shown below). Time will tell if I am donating fun money or adding to the pot. What do you IDO experts think?

Parlay for Week 1:

Futures Bets:

I cant believe im gonna say this, but i think the Bears could surprise some people this year. They wont win the division or even push for a playoff spot but i think there is at least a 40-60% chance they win more than 6 games this year. Not much more though. Id probably say 7 or 8. All depends on how the kid at QB plays. Reports out of camp say he has looked fabulous and made great strides to improve his mechanics

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Parlay for Week 1:

I assume that parlay has to account for the favorites covering the spread too. Not just winning out right.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Parlay for Week 1:

I assume that parlay has to account for the favorites covering the spread too. Not just winning out right.

That one is just a simple “win” or Moneyline parlay…nothing too risky with a decent probability of doubling money (or not)

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Parlay for Week 1:

Futures Bets:

I cant believe im gonna say this, but i think the Bears could surprise some people this year. They wont win the division or even push for a playoff spot but i think there is at least a 40-60% chance they win more than 6 games this year. Not much more though. Id probably say 7 or 8. All depends on how the kid at QB plays. Reports out of camp say he has looked fabulous and made great strides to improve his mechanics

I think Fields could succeed in the right spot, but so much of the NFL is about the circumstances you fall into. Their line will be below average, they have an average running back, and what looks like it could be a below average defense. It’s all speculation of course, but Fields would have to have a special season to get them close to .500 in my opinion (which could happen)

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

The issue in Chicago this year is they are in full rebuild mode. Meaning they didn’t try to move up to get players they need, and they didn’t sign any notable free agent for more than a year guaranteed. They are setting themselves up for the years to come. They also lost their best WR (Robinson), best 2 DL (Hicks and Mack), have a serviceable RB running out of time, and #2/3 WR (Mooney) being forced into a #1 role with no one else around him. Add into that Fields pedigree is a longer line of losers than the Montgomery Gentry song, and it’s not looking good. Bears have worse QB history than MN. Read that sentence again. And NDSU QB’s the last 10 years have had WAY more success than Ohio States last 30 years in the NFL. So maybe Fields will overcome all of that. But I sure wouldn’t bet on it.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

The issue in Chicago this year is they are in full rebuild mode. Meaning they didn’t try to move up to get players they need, and they didn’t sign any notable free agent for more than a year guaranteed. They are setting themselves up for the years to come. They also lost their best WR (Robinson), best 2 DL (Hicks and Mack), have a serviceable RB running out of time, and #2/3 WR (Mooney) being forced into a #1 role with no one else around him. Add into that Fields pedigree is a longer line of losers than the Montgomery Gentry song, and it’s not looking good. Bears have worse QB history than MN. Read that sentence again. And NDSU QB’s the last 10 years have had WAY more success than Ohio States last 30 years in the NFL. So maybe Fields will overcome all of that. But I sure wouldn’t bet on it.

Spot on, hence why I took the “under” on their season win total. The NFL has some surprises though…but I wagered that the Bears would NOT be one of those surprises

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Bears have worse QB history than MN. Read that sentence again. And NDSU QB’s the last 10 years have had WAY more success than Ohio States last 30 years in the NFL. So maybe Fields will overcome all of that. But I sure wouldn’t bet on it.

Aint all that the truth!

Washington or Cleveland could be worse than the Bears and Vikes. Ohio State does not produce quality NFL QB’s. Not many schools do but Purdue I think was close back in the day.

sandbar
    Participant
    Woodbury, MN

Life long Viking fan. Drinking the Purple Kool-Aid again this year. Should be interesting with the new general manager and head coach.

Vikes – 31
    Packers – 23

😊

crappie55369
    Participant
    Mound, MN

Don Shula won’t be drinking any champagne this year. Vikings go undefeated this season baby!!!

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Don Shula won’t be drinking any champagne this year. Vikings go undefeated this season baby!!!

Don Shula aint the only one drinking apparently, got started early today huh.

lindyrig79
    Participant

I just can’t believe the Packers are gonna roll with their current WR group. Must really believe in some of the rookies.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I just can’t believe the Packers are gonna roll with their current WR group. Must really believe in some of the rookies.

Erin took all the money.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Erin took all the money.

His 2022 cap hit is 5th in the league….

1. Tannehill
    2. Mahomes
    3. Cousins
    4. Goff
    5. Rodgers

He took a discount. The team opted to spend his savings on defense. Time will tell if that’s the right move. In the mean time, let’s kick back and stomach the idea that Cousins is taking more of his teams cap space that all but 2 other QBs in the league this season shock

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.