2022 NFL General Discussion

• buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

x100 on the sloppy play.

When you add in the ever-increasing tendencies to fire and replace coaches/coordinators quickly, this is what you get. Today’s game is adding more and more advanced schemes with motion, shifts, option routes, RPO schemes…all mixed with almost no starters playing in the preseason anymore due to spendy guaranteed contracts. It’s really hard to pass meaningful judgement on teams until about Week 6.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I was hunting this weekend so didn’t see any football. But, I agree the lack of players actually playing in the preseason seems to have an effect. Lots of rust to shake off for most teams.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

You can usually tell who are contenders and pretenders around week 4. NFC is ripe for the taking but the AFC goes through Buffalo if you ask me. The Bills are a problem for anyone chasing a ship!

Ripjiggen
    Participant

It’s way to early in the NFL IMO. It’s a sport now of The Who can stay the most healthy. 17 NFL games is a lot to put anyones body through at just about every position.
    Yes preseason games don’t get played by starters. Less off season time or restricted time. Makes for a bit of a sloppy start to the season.

Like every sport the season has to be such a grind for these guys. The pro seasons in every sport are probably to long and hence the product is not as good as it could be.

Don’t see how the NFL doesn’t go to 2 preseason games and 18 games with 2 bye weeks. Would seem like a win for everybody.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Per an unnamed NFL source, the league is planning to move the Chiefs-Bucs game on Sunday Night Football to US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis if they are unable to play the game as scheduled in Tampa.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Crazy. Yeah I don’t see how they could have it in Tampa at this point

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I heard that tickets would be in the $10-$20 range first come first serve but that’s just assumptions. They better make a decision tomorrow?

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I’m not really sure, I heard that when the Vikes had to relocate to Detroit for a “home” game after the 2010 December blizzard & dome roof collapse that tickets were free for anyone.

Last I saw they are currently sticking with the plan to play in Tampa, but if they do move it’ll be Minneapolis. If they do this would be a legit huge attraction. A super bowl rematch from a few years ago, the best QB of all-time vs. arguably the best current QB, two powerhouses in their respective conferences, plus Antoine Winfield Jr. coming home, all on Sunday night football. Would be a ton of fun. Lots of headaches I’m sure for logistics in the area, lots of last-minute overtime needed for law enforcement, but it would also bring in a lot of unexpected money for the area too.

Hoyt4
    Participant
    NULL

I know they will have to cancel the youth games . They should give them tickets if they have to move the games for the kids. KFAN said they are arranging all the logistics now and having people on call already encase of the game going through to MN.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I’m betting the game doesn’t get moved. It’s a big game during prime time with faces of the league involved. Tampa Bay will move mountains, water, and shell out absurd amounts of money to keep the game as scheduled In Tampa.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

The NFL has announced that the game on SNF will proceed in Tampa as scheduled. Tampa and Raymond James Stadium were spared from the wrath of Hurricane Ian.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

That Tua concussion last night was scary. The NFL may need to rework it’s concussion protocol if he was concussed on Sunday, but that hit would wreck anyone regardless of what happened prior. Just brutal.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Well considering he fell down trying to walk last Sunday and went back into the game later definitely didn’t help. I agree however even with no previous concussions that hit last night would have done some damage.

lindyrig79
    Participant

That was super freaky. I was watching with my son and just seeing his fingers curl up involuntarily was sickening. Stuff like like almost has me rethink him playing football, but I know you can’t live life in fear either. Hope Tua recovers fully.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I’ll be surprised if he plays again this year. That was scary no doubt. The thing with his hands is called fencing and is associated with TBI/concussions.
    A chargers TE Donald Parham had same thing happen to him last year and still has yet to play.
    I don’t think there should be any penalties on Miami for letting him play 2 weeks ago after getting his bell rung. He was cleared by an independent doctor but now it doesn’t look good. I expect some changes ASAP anytime a player leaves with a head injury after last night.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Well at the quarter pole this is shaping up to be a really weird year! Just in the NFC North GB needed OT to take out a mediocre NE team with a rookie 3rd string QB. Bears look terrible but are 2-2. Lions gave up 48 to Geno Smith and Seattle. And the Vikes have a long way to go on both sides of the ball to be a playoff team, let alone contender.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Not sure if it is true but just read that TB and Gisele are heading for divorce.

Dang… To be single!!🤣

Brad Dimond
    Participant

Not sure if it is true but just read that TB and Gisele are heading for divorce.

Dang… To be single!!🤣

TB picked the Second most attractive baby mama to marry, not that he had bad choices.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ll be surprised if he plays again this year. That was scary no doubt. The thing with his hands is called fencing and is associated with TBI/concussions.

Correct. It is a telltale sign of a very traumatic head injury. I dont want to see him back before they make sure he is ok. Every head injury makes it easier to have another one.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Kenny Pickett is starting for the Steelers on Sunday against the Bills in Buffalo. Good luck, rookie.

The Bills are favored by 14 points. I heard on KFAN today that this is the first time Pittsburgh has been at least a 14 point underdog since 1961.

lindyrig79
    Participant

I like Pickett a lot. But that is a tough draw at Buffalo for your first NFL start.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Have to admit it’s surprising to me how ineffective Russel Wilson and the Broncos are. Thought he’d be a big boost to the team there must be some serious miscommunication going on.

Same can be said for Matt Ryan and the Colts. Pretty brutal game watching a punt fest.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Have to admit it’s surprising to me how ineffective Russel Wilson and the Broncos are. Thought he’d be a big boost to the team there must be some serious miscommunication going on.

Same can be said for Matt Ryan and the Colts. Pretty brutal game watching a punt fest.

It’s a great game for those of us with $25 on the under lol

lindyrig79
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

It’s a great game for those of us with $25 on the under lol

I suppose it would be! Russel Wilson looks off. He just chucked another pass up with no WR in the area and this one got picked.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Can’t remember the last time I watched an NFL game and not a single touchdown was scored. It was such a bad game it was almost entertaining in a “how bad can it get” kinda way.

KP
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

I’m liking how blunt Al and Kirk are on Thursdays. Al had some pretty good one liners on how bad the game was.

I’m really shocked how bad Mr. Unlimited Russ Wilson is. Also Hackett is not a good head coach at all. Run the ball down there! When he got hired I hope he thanked Rodgers for getting him a head coaching job.

lindyrig79
    Participant

Just another clinic put on by the Bills today. The Steelers have issues, but 38-3 is a butt whipping. Wow.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

The NFC North continues to look like one of those divisions that unfortunately someone has to win. The Lions get pounded, the Packers get beat by Daniel Jones, and the Vikings and Bears both try to give one another a win.

The Rams are becoming a bit of a mess. It’s early, but outside of Cooper Kupp they have nothing that’s really looked positive.

The 49ers are following my prediction of being a better team this season with Garoppolo than they would be with Trey Lance.

The Bills are the class of the AFC winning with style points.

Cooper Rush is now 5-0 as a starter with Prescott waiting to return. I’m far from a Cowboys fan but enjoy seeing backups succeed.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Just another clinic put on by the Bills today. The Steelers have issues, but 38-3 is a butt whipping. Wow.

The Steelers actually forced two red zone turnovers too!

The Bills play at the Chiefs next Sunday. Could be an AFC Championship preview.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

The NFC North continues to look like one of those divisions that unfortunately someone has to win. The Lions get pounded, the Packers get beat by Daniel Jones, and the Vikings and Bears both try to give one another a win.

The Rams are becoming a bit of a mess. It’s early, but outside of Cooper Kupp they have nothing that’s really looked positive.

The 49ers are following my prediction of being a better team this season with Garoppolo than they would be with Trey Lance.

The Bills are the class of the AFC winning with style points.

Cooper Rush is now 5-0 as a starter with Prescott waiting to return. I’m far from a Cowboys fan but enjoy seeing backups succeed.

I think the vikes win with a really solid record actually.
    NFC is wide open in my opinion.
    No way you are winning the giants bet but should split with your bears bet.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.