2022 NFL General Discussion

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The NFL Awards were handed out last night.

MVP – Mahomes
    Offensive POY – Jefferson
    Defensive POY – N Bosa
    Offensive ROY – Garrett Wilson
    Defenisve ROY – Sauce Gardner
    Comeback POY – Geno Smith
    Coach of the Year – Daboll

CaptainMusky

Not much surprise with any of those. I think KOC could have gave COY a run for the money if the playoffs went differently.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think KOC could have gave COY a run for the money if the playoffs went differently.

He didn’t even make the final list of 5 coaches. And all of these awards are based on the regular season. Or at least they are supposed to be.

CaptainMusky

He didn’t even make the final list of 5 coaches. And all of these awards are based on the regular season. Or at least they are supposed to be.

That surprises me, but we shouldnt be surprised since MN is flyover land.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That surprises me, but we shouldnt be surprised since MN is flyover land.

I agree, he should have definitely made the final 5 cut list. A couple on that list were head scratchers.

McDermott was the biggest odd ball on that list. Buffalo had the best odds before the season started to win the super bowl and they went 13-3. Tell me how that’s an over-achievement. I’m not saying he didn’t do a good job, but the award is based on who did the best with the least. The Vikings were barely pegged as a playoff team, and they went 13-4.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Did anyone else see they punked Mahomes on the microphone with Rihanna saying he was the best QB ever? But apparently it was a joke or sarcastic? I was thinking WTF Mahomes is a good dude why do that to him. Weird

lindyrig79

Never mind sounds like it was Brandon Marshall being a D Bag

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well its about go time. Lets here those super Bowl predictions. My heart says KC by 6 but If was betting I’d probably have to take Eagles. I respect the whole KC organization far more than Philly so that is why I’ll be cheering for them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I really want KC to win, and think it depends a lot on who’s playing and how healthy they are (Mahomes ankle in particular). Generally speaking the better coach and QB are a huge advantage as the stage gets bigger, and KC has that by a wide margin imo even if Mahomes is slowed slightly by the ankle. However, I think Philly’s entire team is a lot better than KC’s and think they win. So my heart says KC, but my mind says Philthadelphia. Either way I hope it’s a good one!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Take the under. 9-6 Chiefs win. Mahomes is knocked out in the first quarter. Chiefs get 1 touchdown, 1 field goal, 1 extra point missed.
    Eagles 1 touchdown, missed extra point, 1 blocked field goal and 2 missed field goals.

Tlazer

Eagles over the Chiefs 28-21, that’s because of my SB pool numbers applause Hope the Chiefs win so maybe Chiefs 21 Eagles 18 that would work too. But more importantly what do we watch now? Unfortunately I believe the lingerie football league isn’t playing anymore. Hopefully spring is around the corner and nice weather on the horizon so we can be outside more.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Eagles over the Chiefs 28-21, that’s because of my SB pool numbers applause Hope the Chiefs win so maybe Chiefs 21 Eagles 18 that would work too. But more importantly what do we watch now? Unfortunately I believe the lingerie football league isn’t playing anymore. Hopefully spring is around the corner and nice weather on the horizon so we can be outside more.

i believe the USFL starts in April!!!!!!1 devil jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

And the good guys win.
    Great game!

Thank goodness. Really entertaining game too. Love me some cooked eagle.

Worst halftime show in a long time lol

Coletrain27

Thank goodness. Really entertaining game too. Love me some cooked eagle.

Worst halftime show in a long time lol

Eagle almost taste as good as Muskie jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Eagle almost taste as good as Muskie

Lol I heard it tastes like blue heron. “fishy”

lindyrig79

I would be totally fine IF Mahomes could challenge Brady. Unlikely, but until then he just went down in Super Bowl history!

Jimmy Jones

Now we get to see how Philly fares. The fans in that town are suckholes.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

wont matter……philly’s still gonna burn down or get destroyed!!!!! devil doah

Coletrain27

I would be totally fine IF Mahomes could challenge Brady. Unlikely, but until then he just went down in Super Bowl history!

I think Brady would come out on top if he was in his prime

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What a game! Mahomes and Reid make magic on the field every week it seems. If only every SB could be that entertaining!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What a game! Mahomes and Reid make magic on the field every week it seems. If only every SB could be that entertaining!

Awesome game if only a little bit depressing to think of the level the bar is set at by teams like KC and Philly. And then there’s where the Vikings are now…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Great game for sure. Glad KC came out on top in the end. I just don’t know how anyone could ever bet against Mahomes in a big game. He’s got ice in his veins. The PI or holding call against Philly near the end was a little ticky tacky in such a big game, but till that point I felt like Philly had got the best of several questionable calls. The catch and fumble, that was reviewed and said to be a incomplete pass was BS. If that was not a catch, I’m not sure what is. On sideline passes its two feet down and control of the ball. Why would it be different in the middle of the field. He had control of the ball. Both feet down and even made several steps before he was hit and fumbled the ball. They have to do something with that Turf on that field. Lots of slips all over the place. They were lucky no one got hurt because of it.

CaptainMusky

The catch and fumble, that was reviewed and said to be a incomplete pass was BS. If that was not a catch, I’m not sure what is. On sideline passes its two feet down and control of the ball. Why would it be different in the middle of the field. He had control of the ball. Both feet down and even made several steps before he was hit and fumbled the ball.

I agree that it was a catch and fumble but he really didnt take several steps. He did turn his body and make at least one step.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Odds as of this morning to win the 2024 Super Bowl:

Chiefs 5-1
    Bills 6-1
    49ers 7-1
    Eagles 9-1
    Bengals 10-1
    Cowboys 12-1

Every other team is at least 25-1

Packers 30-1
    Lions 35-1
    Vikings 40-1
    Bears 80-1

Worst odds are the Texans at 125-1

Super Bowl 58 is in Las Vegas, Nevada.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not much love for the Vikings in Vegas. They even have the Packers and the lions favored ahead of us. What do you think those Packers odds will fall to if the Cry baby retires or moves on elsewhere?

Ripjiggen

I hate Philly, at the same time I wish the holding call didn’t happen. It is all that is going to be talked about for a great game.
    That fumble return was huge so was the kick return.
    Fun game that made you watch till the end.

KC also worked motion to perfection.

So much for defense wins championships.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I hate Philly, at the same time I wish the holding call didn’t happen. It is all that is going to be talked about for a great game.

Agree. Took a little away from what was a great game and could have been even better. My issue with the call was where it was called on the field, at or behind the line of scrimmage where contact is allowed. Holding could be called on every play in the NFL and they decide to call that weak holding at that moment in the game when both teams were getting away with it. I am happy the eagles lost though. Mahomes is a stud!

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

KC also worked motion to perfection.

So much for defense wins championships.

IMO, that should have never been a factor as that fumble recovery TD that got called back was wrong. That was 100% a catch, fumble, TD.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.