2022 NFL General Discussion

• lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Complete disaster for SF. Game is likely over already in the 1st quarter, doh!

Ripjiggen
    Participant

What happened to Purdy…I missed it.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

4th-freaking string QB for the niners. Unreal. Saw Jimmy G travelled with the team but was going to be inactive, sure would’ve been nice to have him available.

Probably way too much for the Niners to overcome, even this early in the game.

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

There saying Elbow, not sure if he’ll be back.

lindyrig79
    Participant

What happened to Purdy…I missed it.

He got hammered on a sack/fumble

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

looks like Bosa got banged up on the sideline!!!!!!!1

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Complete disaster for SF. Game is likely over already in the 1st quarter, doh!

I wouldn’t count this Dfense out yet.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Heck, I’d just play the game wildcat with McCaffrey at this point. He’s basically their entire offense now.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Now Johnson is hurt. McCaffrey wild cat is coming up.

Scratch that. Purdy is coming back in!

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

I liked seeing Johnson in there having a bet on the Eagles to cover. There were more procedural penalties than positive plays for quite a span.

They’re better off with Purdy and his busted throwing elbow.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Johnson going out might help the 9ers. I think he was in over his head.

lindyrig79
    Participant

9ers are toast. Purdy can’t throw the ball. Only thing I can hope for now is Eagles to get beat in the super bowl.

Pailofperch
    Participant
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

You can’t hit rewind, but dang. I’d have loved to see if Purdy could’ve done it. Lack of offense kinda took away the defensive spirit too I believe.
    Maybe Philly will burn down their city tonight in celebration…… whistling

Joe
    Participant

Yeah, what shouldve been a great game turned into a dud.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I can’t stand the eagles or their fan base. Two more weeks of their nonsense. bawling

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Looks like the Chiefs don’t sit around for 3 years waiting to evaluate their draft class. They must have 4 or 5 making significant contributions…

Kwesi can only dream…

lindyrig79
    Participant

Not exactly a shootout, but very good game with Bengals/Chiefs. Some nice coaching adjustments going on both sides.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You think the refs in Green Bay are bad for a road team? Hold my beer…. roll

-J.

wkw
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing, Jon

lindyrig79
    Participant

You think the refs in Green Bay are bad for a road team? Hold my beer…. roll

-J.

Yeah don’t know that I’ve ever seen the refs call a do-over like that. The Bengals clearly stopped them on 3rd and 9, even the punt team came out. And they said well we stopped the play at the last second due to some clock issue so we are redoing the play?!? WTF

lindyrig79
    Participant

Several other bad calls too.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Highly entertaining game. Kelce brothers in the super bowl.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Ouch tough way to go out.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Tough way for Cincinnati to lose, but Mahomes yet again showed he’s the best QB in the league.

His top 2 WRs were injured. His all pro WR was traded away in the off-season. He played through a fairly significant injury himself yet never seemed to make excuses or complain in the week leading up to the game.

Looking forward to the SB, I think Philadelphia is the more talented team collectively taking into account all facets of the game, but KC is far more experienced. The WR room and most of the defensive starters for Philadelphia rank out well ahead of KC. Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Andy Reid are probably the extent of the positional advantages KC has… but they are tough to bet against.

My Early Guess:

KC 27, Philadelphia 24

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

The Football Gods aren’t real, or they would never allow a trash city, fanbase or coach like Philly has to make it to the SB.

Burrow and Mahomes are just awesome to watch, like old school heavyweights picking themselves off the mat to come back to throw and land haymakers.

As for the SB Philly hasn’t really been tested, so they could be great or they could fold when someone punches back. Something Hurts has done previously. Hopefully Mahomes is a little more mobile, and the couple guys hurt yesterday can come back, or it may get ugly quick. Philly’s defense is no joke. I think Philly wins, unfortunately.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

If the Philly fanbase gets to celebrate another SB victory we riot. They are an absolute trash group of fans. They are utterly disgusting and deserve nothing. They treat opposing fans with complete disrespect and eat horsecrap.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

One thing is pretty evident is these final four teams value their d-line and invest heavily into it, including high end draft capital.

Does anyone else find it astonishing the Vikings haven’t drafted a D-lineman in EITHER the 1st or 2nd round since 2013??

Coming up on 10 years…unbelievable..

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Opening line this morning at most sport books is EVEN for Super Bowl 57. Basically a pick em. Could obviously change in the next 13 days.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

With Zims love affair with D backs and most recently those back not working out, and the constant fan pressure to beaf up an o-line. My guess is that is what had stopped them from investing there. That and Zimms defense was all about bringing pressure from the LB position.
    Definitely don’t disagree in investing in D-Line however.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Double post.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.