2022 NFL General Discussion

• buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just can’t believe the Packers are gonna roll with their current WR group. Must really believe in some of the rookies.

It’s easily the least talented group in the league by a longshot. Rodgers is good, but this would be working a miracle to have a top 10 offense with this group on the receiving end.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Cousins is taking more of his teams cap space that all but 2 other QBs in the league this season shock

Cousins took a pay cut too. I think he was supposed to make significantly more but he restructured his contract.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Cousins is taking more of his teams cap space that all but 2 other QBs in the league this season shock

Cousins took a pay cut too. I think he was supposed to make significantly more but he restructured his contract.

Woofda, that’s after his pay cut too.

Imagine having Tannehill ripping $38 million off your cap this season after dumping his biggest weapon. I’m not quite sure what Tennessee is doing

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Bills and Rams game is pretty awesome so far. Turnovers on both sides and back and forth.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Bills have pretty much taken over the second half. That bomb from Allen to Diggs was a thing of beauty.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Bills might be unbeatable this year…..That defense looks ridiculous.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The Bills D did look very solid. Also thought the Rams looked a little flat.

CaptainMusky

Their only undoing could be Allen. He has talent through the roof, but makes some boneheaded throws. That D is unreal.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Their only undoing could be Allen

I agree. Although I don’t think its his bone-headed throws, its his reckless running that might injure him. I’m sure McDermott’s blood pressure sky rockets when he sees that guy rush for 10 yards in the fourth quarter when they’re up by 3 touch downs. Seems so unnecessary sometimes. But, he’s been like that since he came in the league and he’s a big guy, so maybe his 240 pound frame can handle it. He used to fumble a lot more too, but that seems to have been fixed. Rushing quarterbacks usually do eventually get hurt at some point…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Allen is definitely a gunslinger. He is a big bodied athletic guy with a cannon. He’s not a precision guy like Rodgers who throws a handful of interceptions a year, but his athleticism is the counter to that. If he can cut down on the forced throws while still possessing his youthful athleticism…he will be an MVP for sure. He would be extremely fun to play for/with. It’s rare to see a QB that will lay it all out to win despite his body’s health being worth hundreds of millions of dollars. I remember watching Eli Manning play and if he didn’t like the way a stunt was picked up or the protection was slid the wrong way, he’d just simply fall over intentionally to preserve himself.

That roster is built to win now with good salary cap positioning accompanying the talent. It’d be a colossal failure if they don’t win a Lombardi Trophy in the next few years.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Their only undoing could be Allen. He has talent through the roof, but makes some boneheaded throws. That D is unreal.

I would argue that FOR SURE one of the two picks he threw last night wasn’t his fault (receiver bobbled the ball), and the other was debatable. After that AFC championship game last year where we did literally everything in his power to win Buffalo the game, I’ve been a fan of Allen. Guy plays with a lot of heart/passion and has the skills to back it up.

CaptainMusky

I would argue that FOR SURE one of the two picks he threw last night wasn’t his fault (receiver bobbled the ball), and the other was debatable. After that AFC championship game last year where we did literally everything in his power to win Buffalo the game, I’ve been a fan of Allen. Guy plays with a lot of heart/passion and has the skills to back it up.

Dont disagree on the one INT and I wasnt just talking about last night either though. He has a propensity to make risky throws and many times they dont pay off. I love watching him play though and would love to have him in purple. Its pretty crazy that this kid came out of some nowhere school too.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ll be shocked, SHOCKED, if the Bills D finishes in the top 10 in the league. They are starting a 6th round cornerback, and a 40 year old DE. They showed up last night, and played great. Tip of the hat on a great performance. This is a week to week league tho, and they had all offseason to prepare to make a statement against the SB champs, they will settle in and still be solid, but not great. And I expect the Rams offense to improve a ton too, especially once they start working Robinson in more.

lindyrig79

I’ll be shocked, SHOCKED, if the Bills D finishes in the top 10 in the league. They are starting a 6th round cornerback, and a 40 year old DE. They showed up last night, and played great. Tip of the hat on a great performance. This is a week to week league tho, and they had all offseason to prepare to make a statement against the SB champs, they will settle in and still be solid, but not great. And I expect the Rams offense to improve a ton too, especially once they start working Robinson in more.

I’m surprised at that take. I think they are solid all around and should easily be a top 10 defensive unit. I’d venture to say top 5. They will be getting Tre’davious White back in a few weeks too.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m surprised at that take. I think they are solid all around and should easily be a top 10 defensive unit. I’d venture to say top 5. They will be getting Tre’davious White back in a few weeks too.

I may have been a little aggressive there, but my point was the Bills won’t end the season with a defense in the convo for best in the league. Probably around 9-15th would be my guess. But there’s a reason I don’t bet, especially on the NFL! Still not sure how the Bears won yesterday, but they did. rotflol

Ripjiggen

Kicking off the regular season with a few futures bets and a parlay for the week (shown below). Time will tell if I am donating fun money or adding to the pot. What do you IDO experts think?

Parlay for Week 1:
    -San Francisco over the Bears, Colts over the Texans, Ravens over the Jets

Futures Bets:
    -Giants = Under 7 wins on the season (7 = a push)
    -Bears = Under 6 wins on the season (6 = a push)

Ooof tough week 1 on the bets.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like TJ Watt tore his pectoral muscle and he may miss the entire season. Prescott broke his throwing thumb on an opponent’s helmet and will miss 2 months.

Cincy really had no business being in that game. They had 5 turnovers. Rarely does a team donate to a charity so much and still have a chance to win the game. The Chiefs will be perfectly fine without Tyreek Hill too.

CaptainMusky

Cincy really had no business being in that game. They had 5 turnovers. Rarely does a team donate to a charity so much and still have a chance to win the game. The Chiefs will be perfectly fine without Tyreek Hill too.

I think they said the last time a team won with a -5 TO ratio it was 2001.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Looks like TJ Watt tore his pectoral muscle and he may miss the entire season.

That’s a shame he was playing at an unreal level in that game. Consecutive plays he almost took the handoff in the backfield and then picked the next one off.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Kicking off the regular season with a few futures bets and a parlay for the week (shown below). Time will tell if I am donating fun money or adding to the pot. What do you IDO experts think?

Parlay for Week 1:
    -San Francisco over the Bears, Colts over the Texans, Ravens over the Jets

Futures Bets:
    -Giants = Under 7 wins on the season (7 = a push)
    -Bears = Under 6 wins on the season (6 = a push)

Ooof tough week 1 on the bets.

Definitely a swing and a miss! Luckily it’s fun money.

The “First TD of the Game” bet on Evans for Cowboys/Bucs more than made up for it. Turned $10 into $80.

lindyrig79

Anyone else looking forward to Monday Night Football? My 10 yr old son gets to play at the High School field tonight and then home to watch MNF.

Russell Wilson returning to Seattle in a Broncos uniform?!? I expect Russ to get cooking and smoke his old team.

Besides the insanely high-quality game play, that’s one of the things I love about the NFL. The continuity of getting to know all the players and the storylines and drama that come with it!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Anyone else looking forward to Monday Night Football? My 10 yr old son gets to play at the High School field tonight and then home to watch MNF.
    Russell Wilson returning to Seattle in a Broncos uniform?!? I expect Russ to get cooking and smoke his old team.

Yup I am! Plus I have Russ and Javonte Williams going in FF, and need 23 points from them….stranger things have happened. I love all football (obviously), but the NFL is just awesome, every week big upsets and crazy performances like JJ (and a couple others).

lindyrig79

Well, I was wrong about Denver. Just a sloppy game from Denver I thought on both sides of the ball. Wow. I imagine Seattle was playing with a ton of emotion and got lucky in several ways. I would expect the Broncos to improve and The Seahawks to fade away as the season progresses but chalk this one up to another week 1 shocker….

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Wild game in Baltimore yesterday. Ravens were ahead big by half and the Dolpins put up 35 points in the second half to win as time expired. Tyreek Hill did some major damage.

Rocky 0-2 start for the AFC Champion Bengals. Trey Lance broke his ankle and is out for the season. Garrapolo is now the starter again lol.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That is some crazy stuff. Garrapolo playing almost surprised me because I had heard that since they named Lance the starter Jimmy didn’t even practice with the team because they didn’t want the environment to be different. Crazy world that he’s back in the starting QB spot for SF.

Bengals O-line for the past 3 years (counting this one so far) is about as bad or worse as the years Vikings fans have complained about the purple’s O-line. Drafting is all about decisions…when the fan base wanted O-line to protect all-world QB Burrow, they went WR and drafted Chase. Could be one of the best WR in the league, just shows building a team is hard.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

John Lynch should win GM of the year, just for the fact he didn’t trade Jimmy G and got him to come back at a reduced rate. Their season is still ahead of them because of that decision.

Bengals reworked OL still needs some more work lol.

And Justin Fields should start working on his route running, because he ain’t cutting it at QB!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

John Lynch should win GM of the year, just for the fact he didn’t trade Jimmy G and got him to come back at a reduced rate. Their season is still ahead of them because of that decision.

Bengals reworked OL still needs some more work lol.

And Justin Fields should start working on his route running, because he ain’t cutting it at QB!

If anything, it should put him on the hot seat. They traded 4 picks to move up from #12 to get Lance…..4 picks. Imagine trading 4 picks that guarantee financial flexibility and youth to draft a quarterback who will ultimately end up not being as good as the guy you had to start with. whistling

***One of those picks has already turned into Micah Parsons, who is an all-pro talent. shock

I sincerely hope that after starting 7/7 for 70 yards and a TD (on the way to a win), Garoppolo told Shanahan and Lynch to go ____ themselves on the sideline.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This week’s NFL betting recaps:

Bucs to cover vs. Saints = Win
    Raiders to cover vs. Cardinals = monumental meltdown
    Aaron Jones anytime TD = Win
    Ekeler over 5.5 catches = Win

Should’ve went 4/4…but instead the Raiders still proved they are the Raiders. I hope Davante Adams thoroughly enjoyed each of the 3 points the Raiders scored the entire second half against a terrible defense. At 0-2 to start the year in that division, their playoff hopes resemble the Titanic.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Raiders to cover vs. Cardinals = monumental meltdown

LOL that really was an epic meltdown. hah

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If anything, it should put him on the hot seat.

Not sure how keeping Jimmy should put him on the hot seat. Time will tell on Lance, but the 49ers have one of the best and deepest rosters in the league so even if Lance is a miss Lynch has the equity to overcome it. But Lance being a miss won’t be known until at least after next year, possibly the following if Lance is decent next year. The Micah Parsons thing is a reach too, since A. they didn’t trade with the Cowboys and B. he was the 12th pick, so there were 11 other teams that chose not to take him too, and C. even without trading up for Lance there is no saying the 9ers would have taken Parsons at 12 either.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 600 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.