2022 Minnesota Vikings

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Vikings put the wood to the Lions today.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

This is by far the best post to follow all year. It’s like a roller coaster turnout having to spend money on a ticket 😂

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Where all the Purple faithful at. You guys toss the towel in already?

I did in the 3rd quarter when they got behind by 10. Went out and cut my lawn.

I hear capn Kirk but the whole team on his broad shoulders and rallied the team to victory. devil rotflol

Right dutchy whistling

Ripjiggen

Pretty much sums it up.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thought they showed some pretty good resilience. Down 14-0 and then down 10 late…and came back both times for the win. Next up is an early slate in London.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Vikings win the North. Next obstacle for the Vikings will be whether or not to rest guys the last few meaningless weeks of the season when they’ve already got the division and a bye wrapped up.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looks like they’re still learning the playbook. Lot of guys lined up in the wrong spots and weird movements during the plays.

It wasn’t pretty but 2-1, move on.

Karry Kyllo

An ugly win but it’s still a W in the record book.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Looks like they’re still learning the playbook. Lot of guys lined up in the wrong spots and weird movements during the plays.

It wasn’t pretty but 2-1, move on.

Agreed. Nicest thing I can say is it was a W. Offense looked unorganized and out of sorts. Defense gives up too much too easily. On to London.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It was a much needed win. Not real pretty but a Win is a Win. I’ll take it. That said, I’m not sure how many wins they can get with the Def. playing the way they are right now. I also don’t see much they can do to improve it with the players they have. Hopefully a few players with step up and play better the rest of the season.

CaptainMusky

That shows something that they came back from 14 pts to tie it then 10 pts to win it. This team just seems different but they sure started out slow. I wasnt even watching the game in the 4th. I essentially gave up on them and was doing laundry of all things.

Ripjiggen

It was a much needed win. Not real pretty but a Win is a Win. I’ll take it. That said, I’m not sure how many wins they can get with the Def. playing the way they are right now. I also don’t see much they can do to improve it with the players they have. Hopefully a few players with step up and play better the rest of the season.

I guess I failed to see how they were going to improve drastically this season on D. They brought in an edge rusher which has helped but otherwise the rest is about the same. Added another linebacker because they moved to a 3-4 I guess. They were in the 20’s last year at points against and 30th in yards against. I think they will be better than last year but how much can they really improve.
    I have yet to see the two defensive backs they drafted on the field. Maybe they have gotten in and I just missed them.

ThunderLund78

I’d like to personally thank Dan Campbell for handing us that win. The Lions may be an improved team but they’ll never go anywhere with coaching like that. They punt that ball, we probably don’t win. Too deep into our territory? then take a delay of game… heck, take two! And how much do the Lions miss Matt Prater right now!?

Sorry, but Vikings will NOT win the North. As long as Rogers stays healthy, he’ll improve his rapport with his new receivers. They have a solid run game and their defense (while not completely evident in week 1) is leaps and bounds ahead of ours. The division wins over Detroit and GB are our only saving grace right now.

Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears is my prediction with the middle two being easily interchangeable.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d like to personally thank Dan Campbell for handing us that win. The Lions may be an improved team but they’ll never go anywhere with coaching like that. They punt that ball, we probably don’t win. Too deep into our territory? then take a delay of game… heck, take two! And how much do the Lions miss Matt Prater right now!?

Sorry, but Vikings will NOT win the North. As long as Rogers stays healthy, he’ll improve his rapport with his new receivers. They have a solid run game and their defense (while not completely evident in week 1) is leaps and bounds ahead of ours. The division wins over Detroit and GB are our only saving grace right now.

Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears is my prediction with the middle two being easily interchangeable.

What has GB showed you in the first three games to make you think they are anything different than the Vikings? They are having just as many issues as us scoring and the only thing they have on us is a better D. I’m not sure the Vikes can overtake them but after the first three games I think this division is wide open for either team.

ThunderLund78

What has GB showed you in the first three games to make you think they are anything different than the Vikings? They are having just as many issues as us scoring and the only thing they have on us is a better D. I’m not sure the Vikes can overtake them but after the first three games I think this division is wide open for either team.
    [/quote]

I agree that anything can happen, but Packers have proven themselves as a bounce back team and they’re not in the first year of a regime change. Also, while we have the receiver talent, the QB nod definitely goes to GB. Rogers is an instinctual QB that has the proven ability to extend plays, see receivers and improvise when needed. He can make no-name receivers good and good receivers great. Maybe it’s coming with Cousins, now that he has a “friendlier” coaching staff but his approach is too academic.

I think we’re seeing the Vikings team you’ll see all year but I think GB is just getting started. We shall see

It will be interesting because I could see the entire division going 1-1 against each other this year

tim hurley

We are better on paper, but the ability to improvise and a culture of winning are the intangibles that might just make GB a bit better, the games have to be played so we will see.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

He can make no-name receivers good and good receivers great.

People say this all the time, but I don’t see it that way. For every Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb there’s 2 or 3 MVS, St. Browns or Amari Rodgers that are supposed to be the next great GB WR…but aren’t. And then if you look at the TE spot, other than a brief run with Tonyan, Rodgers has never elevated a TE’s game. Even established TE’s come in and decline, instead of elevating their game like Jimmy Graham, Jerad Cook, Martellus Bennett, Lance Kendricks, Marcedes Lewis and more. And fwiw I think Rodgers is great, probably the second best QB of his generation (behind the GOAT Brady).

I think we’re seeing the Vikings team you’ll see all year but I think GB is just getting started. We shall see

I think with the way of the current NFL and no preseason, there is a long way to go to see what we have in KOC, Donatell and the Vikes. Maybe this is it, maybe not as they settle into more familiarity within the systems.

KP
    Hudson, WI

We are better on paper

Really???

On offense yes Wide Reciever for sure and everyone always starts with that with these 2 teams. RB I’d say it’s a wash because Cook cant stay on the field. Packers Offensive Line is 10x better than the Vikes.

For Defense the only the only thing I’d say the Viking’s are better at is safety. Harrison Smith I still think is one of the best in the game but the packers duo is not too bad either.

As said above time will tell in the NFL and personally the only team that looks to be firing on all cylinders is the Eagles.

ThunderLund78

Let’s talk about what really matters…

Is it still 2-for-1 Pothole Pizzas at Kwik Trip the day after a Vikings Win? (or Packers win in WI Kwik Trips)?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Saints offense has scored 14 vs Panthers, 10 vs Bucs and 24 vs Falcons. None of those defenses are going to be confused as the 85 Bears (although the Bucs should be one of the better defenses). And the Saints have 14 guys with varying degrees of injury, so never a better opportunity to see what this defense can do. Saints defense is solid though, so I expect a 24-10 Vikings W this weekend. Figured I’d throw another prediction out since I’ve been so on point this year chased rotflol

p.s. Never forget the Saints cheated their way to a SuperBowl, and Sean Payton and Gregg Williams should have lifetime bans for putting a bounty on an opponent!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

And the Saints have 14 guys with varying degrees of injury, so never a better opportunity to see what this defense can do

Winston is doubtful and Michael Thomas has already been declared OUT. Andy Dalton is preparing to start at QB for them instead. Kamara is questionable but has practiced in limited fashion.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

p.s. Never forget the Saints cheated their way to a SuperBowl, and Sean Payton and Gregg Williams should have lifetime bans for putting a bounty on an opponent!

I will never forget what I watched happen to Favre that game, the refs and or league should have done something.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Per PFT: Quarterback Jameis Winston is doubtful (Andy Dalton isn’t much of a downgrade, if any, imo). Running back Alvin Kamara and receiver Jarvis Landry are both questionable. Guard Andrus Peat (concussion) and tackle Marcus Maye (rib) have also been ruled out for Sunday.

CaptainMusky

Boyd is out and Zadarius Smith is questionable.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Per PFT: Quarterback Jameis Winston is doubtful (Andy Dalton isn’t much of a downgrade, if any, imo)

100% agree. As an elite recliner-watching fan all I have is my opinion, but knowing that a QB who’s started for teams close to a decade in the league is now starting for the Saints doesn’t make me feel any better. I know Dalton’s getting older and worn, but I don’t think he makes all the mistakes Winston does either.

Michael Thomas out too, that’s huge. Chris Olave is having a great rookie year and his impact on the game is a lot different with an elite WR like Thomas out.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Vikings have zero excuse to lose to a badly depleted Saints team. Take the gift and get the W.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Vikings are 1 of 4 in the red zone with TDs, Saints are 3 of 3. Struggling to punch it in this game. At least the kicker is dialed in.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Come on Cousins. Stop trying to run the play clock down to .000001 before the snap. Already cost us a 1st and short for a TD. He’s going to get called on that again, he’s done it 10 times more

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

At least the kicker is dialed in.

Nevermind I spoke too soon.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.