2022 Minnesota Vikings

• Brittman
    Participant

My Florio comment was tied to MahtFire’s comment. Florio and Allen (Paul-KFAN) spoke again (I did not hear the original Cousins trashing) and Paul Allen tried to cover for Florio (joking). Florio told Allen he was not joking (as Allen had inferred) about Cousins being a loser.

So you must have skipped a few posts … this is a 2022 MN Vikings thread and not the DC Flores thread – correct ??

Let’s move on.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

So a nerdy sports stats guy is calling a professional athlete a loser. Got it.

Tlazer
    Participant

So after the comment about the Packers can anyone tell me how many Super Bowls the VikeQueens have won? yay

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

As many as the Brewers have World Series titles.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Flores is a solid hire. The biggest issue with him will be adjusting his scheme to fit the players on the roster. Today’s NFL defenses feature a ton of 2 high looks with a bend but don’t break mantra. Wait for the offense to commit a holding or procedural penalty then open up the bag of tricks. Flores is more of a shooter from the get go who will play a lot of man on the back end. If Harrison Smith isn’t a cap casualty, I’d expect to see him in the box more than ever supporting the run and blitzing. They’re going to have to find some back end talent to make this system work though.

The downfall with Flores is that if he turns in a top 5 defense on a playoff team, he’s gone that same offseason for a Head Coaching job.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

So a nerdy sports stats guy is calling a professional athlete a loser. Got it.

Florio is an absolute blow hard. I could care less what he says good or bad. If you have ever seen his crap on twitter hes just out for engagement.

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Didnt we already decide Mike Florio and Brian Flores are not the same guy.

No, now they will forever be the same guy to me. Kind of like Lambeau will forever be Lambert Field ala John Kerry.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

The downfall with Flores is that if he turns in a top 5 defense on a playoff team, he’s gone that same offseason for a Head Coaching job.

That’s most D or O coordinators.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Yep, the only thing that is holding him back which is ridiculous appears to be the color of his skin, same goes for Bienemy. He is qualified to be a head coach. Its actually frustrating that he hasnt gotten a gig yet. Good for us because he should be a great hire.

slabz
    Participant

Yep, the only thing that is holding him back which is ridiculous appears to be the color of his skin, same goes for Bienemy. He is qualified to be a head coach. Its actually frustrating that he hasnt gotten a gig yet. Good for us because he should be a great hire.

He was the head coach in Miami for 3 years..

blank
    Participant

Sure that wasn’t Florio?

(sarcasm)

CaptainMusky
    Participant

He was the head coach in Miami for 3 years..

Sure but he was pretty much ran out of town because he refused to tank games.

Tlazer
    Participant

No way will he turn in a top 5 defense. He is the defense coordinator for the Vikings. No more needs to be said.

stout93
    Participant
    Becker MN

Bienemy is not a HC for a reason, and it’s not because of his skin color.

There’s plenty of ‘smoke’ out there as to why he’s not…

Brittman
    Participant

Cook had surgery today on his shoulder (dating back to a 2019 injury per the report) … expected to be ready by start of 2023 season.

disco bobber
    Participant

There is the thread about the Packers and them having a settled quarterback situation for 30 years. This got me to thinking. How long has it been since the Vikings have had a string of years with a really good solid starting quarterback with a long-term future with the team? Culpeppper? Wilson, Kramer? Tarkington? I think we can agree that Cousins ain’t it.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Seeing how Kirks passer rating is 97.8 and TK’s was 72.8… and Kirk has 93 more touchdowns and 53 less int’s than TK… I will take Kirk over TK. Culpepper was mediocre at best.. he just had to throw it as far as he could and Moss would make him look good. coffee

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I think we can agree that Cousins ain’t it.

You Cousins haters are really something. Kirk by the time he is done here will likely have all the QB records. He’s got the highest completion percentage, far fewer interceptions, only 6 less TD thank TK in only 4 seasons where TK had 12. Next season he will pass TK for second in passing yards and TDs. It would like take 3 years for him to catch Tarkenton.

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

There is the thread about the Packers and them having a settled quarterback situation for 30 years. This got me to thinking. How long has it been since the Vikings have had a string of years with a really good solid starting quarterback with a long-term future with the team? Culpeppper? Wilson, Kramer? Tarkington? I think we can agree that Cousins ain’t it.

If the Vikings had a middle-of-the-road defense in either of the last two years, we make the NFC Championship game at least once. It’s a team game, and the D has sucked since Hunter got injured and Everson went off the deep end.

Viewing 19 posts - 1,201 through 1,219 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.