2022 Minnesota Vikings

• CaptainMusky

Theyre giving the edge to Philly at home, but I think the Vikes will be a win for the purple.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they can make Hurts throw the ball I think they have a good shot. Detroit score plenty on their D so I’m thinking the offense should move the ball pretty well.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

AJ Brown is gonna be a handful to cover. He had a monster day in week 1.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

If they can make Hurts throw the ball I think they have a good shot. Detroit score plenty on their D so I’m thinking the offense should move the ball pretty well.

Totally agree, Hurts has a lot to prove yet imo. And their defense doesn’t scare me, especially when they should be good against the run with Cox and Davis in the middle and they gave up almost 200 rushing yards to the Lions. Bradbury and the middle of the OL will have their work cut out for them though against those two giants. Not much for edge rushers either, so I think we should be able to do what we want on offense. 40-28 Vikes.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Hurts is overrated. Kendricks can spy him in key spots, and scheme should force them to look someplace other than AJ Brown all night.

I agree completely that the inside of that Vikings OL will get pushed around, but look for a ton of short hitches, crossers, screens, slants to alleviate that. If Cousins can just keep the “live to see another down” mentality and throw the ball away on quick whiff type pressures, I see the Vikings winning.

Vikings 30
    Eagles 22

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

During a commercial on Monday Night rasslin I switched to the Vikings. Just in time to see Hurts get into the end zone. Lots of Vikings trying to strip the ball but nobody really wanted to hit the guy. Maybe it wasn’t all Zim eh?

JEREMY
    BP

Irv Smith needs to go back on the IR. Think I’m gonna check out the cooking channel.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I wonder… did Adam Thielen lose a step (or two) or are they just not including him in the game plan?? He hasn’t even gotten a target and it’s mid 3rd quarter ???

JEREMY
    BP

Time to see if our coach can make adjustments. They couldn’t in past years

JEREMY
    BP

Dropped td sucked. Why we called timeout at end of half when they would have let the clock run. All crap. But we straight suck in second half.

lindyrig79

Cousins is adding to his spectacular Monday Night Football resume coffee

stout93
    Becker MN

LOL at some of these “predictions!”

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Scratch the Hurts take…he looks sharp tonight.

Why are there overlapping NFL games tonight? I don’t really understand the logic. Both are proving to be yawners too.

Are the Lions the best team in the NFC North?!?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I feel bad for Theilen. Ever since Jefferson came out, he just doesn’t get targeted much. Cousins rarely looks to a second target.
    Even from my couch at home, I can see several plays a game that he’s wide open. But ol Kirk will stare down his intended receiver from the moment the ball is snapped, which is usually JJ.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

wow what a surprise! every aspect of the team looks like $hit. thank goodness the Wolves start soon

lindyrig79

Wow the whole offense just looks inept. Cousins is just tossing picks left and right and looks completely rattled (like most games under the lights)

eyeguy507
    SE MN

great idea……keep throwing at big play Slay! just genius.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

this might be as embarrassing as the 41 donut game? don’t matter the coach or players it is the same old song and dance in these higher profile games.

Ripjiggen

Scratch the Hurts take…he looks sharp tonight.

Why are there overlapping NFL games tonight? I don’t really understand the logic. Both are proving to be yawners too.

Are the Lions the best team in the NFC North?!?

No..

Ripjiggen

wow what a surprise! every aspect of the team looks like $hit. thank goodness the Wolves start soon

rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

By the reaction here I’d guess the game didn’t turn out the Vikings way.

orve4

I think the most disturbing thing is we did not change out of that defense all night. It was easy play calls to exploit that soft shell zone. Even aikman stated a few times I just dont understand why they dont make adjustment.

The offense was something else that dropped TD pass could of been a game changer before half as bad as we played we would of went into half down 7. Kurt is never going to win big games he locks on a wide receiver before the play and thats who he is going to.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Now there’s the Vikings team that I’ve grown to know and love! flame
    I was born in the Vikes 1st year (1961) my Doc had to leave the game to deliver me. (We lost to the Pack that day).
    You would think that in 60 F’n years we could have ONE RING, but no. I’m giving up on the thought that I will need to bring my lawn chair down to the Nicollet Mall before I die.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Literally cannot wait!

CaptainMusky

wow what a surprise! every aspect of the team looks like $hit.

The punter looks good! The special teams as a whole look decent.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Groundhog Day yay

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah, pretty pitiful performance on both sides of the ball. Defense was poor scheme, like Aikman did a good job pointing out, and even worse communication. Multiple times had guys playing zone and man on the same play, leaving guys running wide open. Cam Bynum was running around like a chicken with his head cutoff most of the first half, was hoping to see Cine more but guess that would have been even worse with a rookie not up to speed yet. And Donatell made zero noticeable adjustments, second half performance was better but mainly due to the Eagles taking their foot off the gas.

Offensively KOC didn’t make any adjustments and seems to want to force feed Jefferson. Kirk was back to his old middle management ways, with no ownership of the offense, few if any audibles, and did not spread it around at all. Would also be nice to see Cook do something, thought Mattison looked a lot better last night than Cook.

Tip of the hat to the Eagles Defense, they played well and dominated our offense, which was unexpected after their performance against the Lions last week. Road loss to a playoff team isn’t the end of the world, the Vikes just have a long ways to go to reach their potential.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

so the NFL season is more than 1 week long?
    weird.

stout93
    Becker MN

Just don’t see how this team gets any better. I think the offense will be allright, but the defense is outright awful. I think last weekend was the mirage.

Your three main guys on defense are Hunter (and I guess Z Smith), Kendricks and Harrison Smith. Two of the three are about past their prime. H Smith is signed for another 4 years! (Thanks Rick). Everywhere else it’s journeymen free agents or low round draft picks. That’s not going to get it done. Kwesi takes a safety in the first round who couldn’t even get on the field last night in that debacle. He then takes a CB in the second round who can’t stay on the field due to injuries.

Just don’t see any impact players on that defense for the next few years..

Aboxy17

I would put a large part of the blame on coaching. Basically zero adjustments were made throughout the game. We kept two high safeties and let Hurts pick us apart underneath all game and did nothing to limit that. I thought our D line played decent. And Dantzler had a couple of nice plays as well. This was a winnable game but we were not able to ever take control with the offense. Kirk had more rushing yards than Cook on a rushing defense that gave up 190 yards to Detriot. When they took Jefferson away we did not target Theilen until late in the 3rd quarter. I know it’s only week 2 but I am really starting to question the play calling.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.