2022 Minnesota Vikings

• Ripjiggen

Man the vikes always seam to miss an extra point at the most critical times. It’s kind of amazing actually.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s completely amazing. Only the Vikings could make a nail biter against a severely depleted team with a back up QB

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Double doink miss by their kicker from 61 yards. Wow

eyeguy507
    SE MN

win is a win no matter how in this league. now that was entertaining even tho they played like dogcrap

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Good W and thought they looked a lot better and close to being above average on offense. A lot of dropped balls and give away plays that should be able to get cleaned up. Defense is still too soft but seems to be progressing. And nice to have an advantage on special teams!

tswoboda

Can’t help but feel they’re the same team as last year, just getting better bounces (literally) in one score games

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Can’t help but feel they’re the same team as last year, just getting better bounces (literally) in one score games

Perhaps, but even if they win 2 more of those games by those razor thin margins, they would be a playoff team. Last season every single game except one was won or lost by a single possession. They only game that wasn’t was at GB without Cousins playing.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

So far I like the new coach a lot. But thought clock management and strategy right before half wasn’t good. They had all 3 timeouts and wasted a lot of time.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I really hope this game humbled Justin Jefferson. I had already cringed before this game that there was word he was starting to complain about not getting the ball enough. Then after running his mouth like that he has two drops today. That makes several on the year and he’s responsible for at least one Cousins interception by running the wrong route and Kirk throwing to where he should have been.

This isn’t meant to bash JJ much, he’s a top WR in the league already and likely will be for the next decade. Could go down as one of the best draft picks in team history. I just hate hearing guys complain publicly about not getting the ball as it takes away from the rest of the hard-working team.

tswoboda

Perhaps, but even if they win 2 more of those games by those razor thin margins, they would be a playoff team. Last season every single game except one was won or lost by a single possession

Exactly my point. One score games come down to a bounce or call or timely execution. Last year seemed like it always went against the vikes and this season will be probably make up for that. Same team, just getting the bounces and they’ll be in the playoffs.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s completely amazing. Only the Vikings could make a nail biter against a severely depleted team with a back up QB

not really, it happens all the time. heck NE almost beat GB in lambeau with a 3rd stringer. teams still play with the same amount of players on each side of the ball, there isn’t a power play. next man up mentality is how some of these backups can make a name for themselves. as frustrating as it was watching the offense, Saints have a heck of a good defense at all levels. Dalton might be an upgrade at QB actually

Ripjiggen

^^^have to agree if you don’t have depth in this league it will be tough to win. A lot of injuries in this league.
    Hoping Cine fully recovers as that looked real bad. So far the vikes top two picks have not contributed at all at a position they are very thin at.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Good W and thought they looked a lot better and close to being above average on offense. A lot of dropped balls and give away plays that should be able to get cleaned up. Defense is still too soft but seems to be progressing. And nice to have an advantage on special teams!

Nailed it with the dropped balls. I’ve haven’t seen this many drops by a Vikings team since Troy Williamson. The offense is still learning the playbook obviously, and I think the second half they will look pretty good. The different between last year and this is that we would’ve lost these last two games last year. We are winning them and making effective playcalls and execution in crunch time.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

One big difference this year over last is the number of calls by the ref’s that our going our way. They should have given the ref’s a game ball in London. They did the Saints dirty.

CaptainMusky

One big difference this year over last is the number of calls by the ref’s that our going our way. They should have given the ref’s a game ball in London. They did the Saints dirty.

They also missed plenty against the Saints there were blatant. The tripping and the hands to the face on Cousins come to mind, but there were more. The Vikings have taken the fewest penalties thus far.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Vikings have taken the fewest penalties thus far.

Is that right? Of any team in the entire league? Penalties are often a reflection on coaching style.

CaptainMusky

Is that right? Of any team in the entire league? Penalties are often a reflection on coaching style.

Yes, I believe so. 95 yards in penalties through 4 games. Last year they had more than that in the first game I think LOL. Edit, they average 23.8 per game thus far and are #1 by more than 5 yards per game. They averaged 61.4 last season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Edit, they average 23.8 per game thus far and are #1 by more than 5 yards per game. They averaged 61.4 last season.

Good stats right there. Turnover margin and penalties often decide the outcome of the game being such critical turning points.

ThunderLund78

I don’t have a ton of good things to say about the Vikings thus far. Cousins is kind of who we thought he was and the defense has a lot to figure out. But I will say this. Special Teams has been a big improvement. Loved the fake punt, and when we do punt, we punt well. Kick coverage, when the opponent does choose to attempt a return, has been excellent. Forced a key fumble on a return against NO. I think we have a couple of blocked FGs so far. I’m still not a big believer in Greg Joseph but he’s better than the Detroit’s kicker, I guess. )

2 of our 4 games have been decided in the final seconds, Special Teams has a lot to do with those two being Ws.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t have a ton of good things to say about the Vikings thus far

They are 3-1 and showing improvement on both sides of the ball. Special Teams have definitely been a bright spot as well. Plenty of room for improvement on O and D, but 3-1 is 3-1.

CaptainMusky

They are 3-1 and showing improvement on both sides of the ball. Special Teams have definitely been a bright spot as well. Plenty of room for improvement on O and D, but 3-1 is 3-1.

Its a completely new system for both offense and defense. To have any success is really a blessing. The Vikings are 3-1 and Cousins really hasnt been playing as well as he has in previous years and they lost. He has come up clutch though.

Ripjiggen

Considering there are only 8 teams in the whole NFL with a winning record and the vikes are one of them yes I will take it. Is there improvement that needs to be made. Of course pretty sure that goes for every team.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It blows my mind how much crap Cousins get’s from Vikings fans who literally have had one great QB (Tarkenton) and one they stole from their biggest rival (Favre). The rest are average or had one great year because of Moss. I grew up a Redsk-I mean Commanders fan living in DC. Cousins got hate when he was there too and now most of them wish he never would’ve left. The same problems the team had that they blamed on Cousins didn’t leave with him when he came here. They stayed with the Commanders and even got worse.

Is he great? No. Is he one of the better qb’s this franchise has had? Yes.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

It is going to be a real bummer if our top two picks never see a meaningful snap on the field this year. Granted, you can’t predict a (potentially) career ending injury to Cine, but there are a lot of guys that we could have drafted in the first round who have had an impact so far this year.

Ripjiggen

^^^agree and Booth has not been healthy since high school.
    Hope cine can make a full recovery.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Interesting game against the Bears. Big early lead, sandbag and let the Bears take a 1 point lead, stone cold drive and QB sneak TD late by Cousins, and then a strip fumble by Danzler at the end to secure the victory.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

That was bad. Without that turnover, the Bears were walking all over the Vikings D and heading for a win. Great time to get a turnover but after the way they started that was bad.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

That was bad. Without that turnover, the Bears were walking all over the Vikings D and heading for a win. Great time to get a turnover but after the way they started that was bad.

That’s the NFL. The best players, coaches, staffs, officials, and they all make mistakes. Very few blowout games and big mismatches. No 50-0 blowouts like in occasional college games.

CaptainMusky

It doesn’t matter how you win as long as you do. They looked like world beaters in first half not sure what changed. Obviously Bears made adjustments but it got tough. Last year the Vikings lose that game guaranteed

Ripjiggen

4-1 and 3-0 in conference and the fan base thinks they suck. rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.