2022 Minnesota Vikings

• ThunderLund78

Given KOCs successful (albeit improbable) first season. I have to think it’s a very attractive job for applicants. Looking forward to watching the process and hearing the speculation, I guess it’s all we have now )

eyeguy507
    SE MN

sounds like the OC is coming back as well but heard SD is requesting an interview??? i think this will be the first time Kirk will have the same offense in back to back seasons since Norv and that wasn’t even 2 full seasons.
    i think they only have 4 picks in the draft this year so expect more wheeling and dealing to acquire more picks. wouldn’t surprise me if they trade out of the first round again and the fanbase absolutely looses it again!
    hopefully they announce a hire for DC soon!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

sounds like the OC is coming back as well but heard SD is requesting an interview??? i think this will be the first time Kirk will have the same offense in back to back seasons since Norv and that wasn’t even 2 full seasons.
    i think they only have 4 picks in the draft this year so expect more wheeling and dealing to acquire more picks. wouldn’t surprise me if they trade out of the first round again and the fanbase absolutely looses it again!

Our OC declined the interview from SD so he is coming back. I would also temper expectations of this defense changing because of a new DC. They are most likely going to lose half of the starting defense (which I think it’s time to do) so it’s going to be very dependent on what players they can bring in.

Tlazer

Wish the Pack would get rid of Barry our DC. I’m sure Minnesota would hire him in a heart beat since they are used to taking all of GB’s castoffs. woot

Beast

Wish the Pack would get rid of Barry our DC. I’m sure Minnesota would hire him in a heart beat since they are used to taking all of GB’s castoffs. woot

I can’t believe we’re keeping Barry, the defense regressed across the boards and he’s been a failure on every team he’s coached ( Detroit and Washington)

stout93
    Becker MN

Donatell was Kwesi’s scapegoat…

Buddy Ryan couldn’t fix this defense with the lack of talent.

Kwesi should be the next one out the door…

How many of the starters did we actually draft?

H Smith, Bynum, Kendricks, Hunter. That’s insane..

Bynum shouldn’t even be on an NFL roster, Kendricks and Smith are on their last legs..there’s not one young guy on the defense that has an inkling they’ll amount to anything.

Ripjiggen

Dude has had one draft. His first pick broke his leg.
    Can’t rebuild a team or even defense with one draft.

stout93
    Becker MN

A safety, a low value position should not have been taken in the first round to begin with.

Give me a few names from his draft you think will be contributors..

He whiffed big time..

Ripjiggen

Well one was a starting guard who started every game. Asamoah will probably be a starting linebacker next year.
    Firing a GM after one year is what the browns and jets do.
    So fire a GM after one year when the team was 13-4. Doh k.

stout93
    Becker MN

Well one was a starting guard who started every game. Asamoah will probably be a starting linebacker next year.
    Firing a GM after one year is what the browns and jets do.
    So fire a GM after one year when the team was 13-4. Doh k.

Ingram started out of necessity. Check his grades.

A 190lb linebacker starting in the NFL?? LOL.

I don’t care what he’s listed at. He’s no bigger than Cam Dantzler..

Ripjiggen

You said who would be contributing gave you a few who did and will continue to along with Cine.
    I suppose they lied about his weight at the NFL combine or maybe he had quarters in his pockets.

Rick Spielman is that you?

CaptainMusky

Calling for the GM’s head after 1 season and going 13-4 is some next level bats*t crazy.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Calling for the GM’s head after 1 season and going 13-4 is some next level bats*t crazy.

Kind of like my BIL calling for a total rebuild after going 13-4.

Minnesota fans never cease to amaze me.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Got to give Kwesi credit for bringing in Hock. He had terrible luck with injuries in the secondary. Cine’s broken legs and Akayleb Evans was showing real promise before he ran into concussion issues; that kid isn’t afraid to hit people.

As for a total rebuild, I think chances are pretty good that Cook’s best years are behind him. As much as I love that kid, I think the wise play is to move him now. That is ripping out the heart of this offense. He will be tough to replace if that is what they choose to do. Keeping him has the potential to be better for our record, but he has to be fully healthy; otherwise, he loses his home run potential and is just another back.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i am not crazy of the kwesi hire but any new GM needs a 3-4 year window to see if the picks pan out. he is a big analytics mind that likes to collaborate with others and i am not a fan of that so maybe he proves me wrong?

disco bobber

With 11 of their wins coming by one score there was some luck in play. They really are close to being a .500 team.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

Kind of like my BIL calling for a total rebuild after going 13-4.

Minnesota fans never cease to amaze me.

Your BIL is a smart guy.

Anyone that watched this team this season and has an inkling of NFL knowledge realizes this season was a fluke…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Brian Flores coming to town for an interview. If they let him out of town without a contract it’s a huge fail. He’s the one DC that might be able to improve the defense somewhat without bringing in a bunch of new guys.

Ripjiggen

Don’t necessarily disagree Stout, but firing your GM after one season is just plain dumb.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Brian Flores coming to town for an interview. If they let him out of town without a contract it’s a huge fail. He’s the one DC that might be able to improve the defense somewhat without bringing in a bunch of new guys.

This guy alone would be the best free agent acquisition all year and for years to come. I’m still butthurt they let Tomlin go 20 years ago. I heard they are bringing in some guy off Pete Carroll’s staff too….hopefully its just a formality?

Dan
    Southeast MN

Not only that but the Steelers have a safety (if I remember right) that is set to be a FA and there’s talk he’d maybe follow Flores for a fresh start.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

A safety, a low value position should not have been taken in the first round to begin with.

Give me a few names from his draft you think will be contributors..

He whiffed big time..

If you watched the 49ers game against Dallas you would think differently on the safety being a low value position.
    The vikes ran out of the nickel 80percent of the time so any D-Back has good value.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

WR Justin Jefferson has been named a finalist for MVP. Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow, and Allen are also finalists. Last year Cooper Kupp finished third in the MVP voting as a WR. I’m guessing Mahomes will win it. JJ could win Offensive Player of the Year, however.

Kevin O’Connell has not been named a finalist for Coach of the Year. Slightly surprised by this one. Shanahan, Sirianni, McDermott, Daboll, and Peterson are the 5 finalists. Thought that KOC did much better than most had his team projected to this past season. McDermott is a bit of a head scratcher. The Bills were the preseason favorite and won 13 games. These awards are only based on regular season results, not post season.

Karry Kyllo

As good as Jefferson is, I don’t think there’s a chance he’ll be named MVP over a QB and with reason. I love watching Jefferson play but the reality is that a wide receiver is not as valuable to a team as a QB. Look at the last two games of the year. Defenses basically stopped Jefferson.

Offensive player of the year, maybe but again, Jefferson’s not a QB.

stout93
    Becker MN

If you watched the 49ers game against Dallas you would think differently on the safety being a low value position.
    The vikes ran out of the nickel 80percent of the time so any D-Back has good value.

I did watch it. One safety was an UDFA and the other was a 5th rounder. I’m not saying they do not impact the game, I’m saying they are low value positions when it comes to the early rounds of the draft. Safeties, RBs, MLB and Guards (which we took one in the 2nd by the way) are low value as compared to other positions. Good teams can find players in the mid-later rounds to fill these positions while drafting high value, high impact positions in the earlier rounds.

Did you also see the 49ers have 3 first rounders on their Dline..while we have how many???

Ripjiggen

Kind of hard to get 3 first round D linemen in one draft. whistling

haleysgold
    SE MN

If anyone had any desire to see Mike Florio be the new DC…I think that chance just fly out the window.
    He did an interview with Paul Allan and totally shredded Kirk Cousins.
    Pretty sure KOC or the Wilfs wouldn’t hire him after his comments about their QB.

Might be true as hell but no way they want that in the locker room.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If anyone had any desire to see Mike Florio be the new DC…I think that chance just fly out the window.
    He did an interview with Paul Allan and totally shredded Kirk Cousins.
    Pretty sure KOC or the Wilfs wouldn’t hire him after his comments about their QB.

Might be true as hell but no way they want that in the locker room.

I don’t think there was much chance of him or any real qualified DC coming here anyway, But you are correct that after his comments I think there is 0 chance. Its going to be tough to get a top DC to want to come here. They just have to many different needs to fill and not enough $ or draft picks to fill them. Getting this Def. back to a top ranking one is going to be a slow several year process.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,141 through 1,170 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.