2022 Minnesota Vikings

• stout93
    Becker MN

The primary issue is his size. He’s just not very big by most O-line standards. They signed him to be a mobile center in the zone rushing scheme that the Kubiaks loved to deploy. Straight up pocket protection he is more or less just a body.

That’s why you don’t draft 280lb Centers, let alone drafting them in the first round. Spielman should have been fired on the spot.

And don’t anybody come back with telling me he’s 300lb..they may list him at that but there’s no frickin way he’s 3 bills..

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That’s why you don’t draft 280lb Centers, let alone drafting them in the first round. Spielman should have been fired on the spot.

And don’t come back with telling me he’s 300lb..they may list him at that but there’s no frickin way he’s 3 bills..

Even if he is 3 bills, that’s undersized for an offensive lineman.

He is pretty good in the zone run scheme because of his mobility. He does generally get plowed over in pass protection though, no doubt about that.

Ripjiggen

That’s like saying he is a good blocking tight end but can’t catch the ball. Pretty tough to be one dimensional lineman in the NFL.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

My enthusiasm level for The Purple on a scale of 10 is running at about a 2, maybe 3. The only place I am getting training camp updates is on the local TV news when I watch. I will be sure to set the DVR on Sunday if I am out fishing. The new coaching staff is going to have to win me over.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Cousins has the chinese virus again. Sean Mannion and Kellen Mond will be splitting time on Sunday in Las Vegas.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Cousins has the chinese virus again. Sean Mannion and Kellen Mond will be splitting time on Sunday in Las Vegas.

“In Mond We Trust”

^the new MN motto

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

In Mond We Trust

Lol he’s so terrible and so is Mannion. At least its just pre season. If either of those two hooligans have to come in during the regular seasons, god help us.

Ripjiggen

He would not have played anyway. Or at least he should have been playing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think he would have played a little bit. There’s only 3 pre season games now and I assume he wouldn’t play at all in the third one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    In Mond We Trust

Lol he’s so terrible and so is Mannion. At least its just pre season. If either of those two hooligans have to come in during the regular seasons, god help us.

It could be worse…you could’ve given up draft capital for Love as a QB doah I’m hoping he looks great so the Packers can dump him for a 5th round pick

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I think he would have played a little bit. There’s only 3 pre season games now and I assume he wouldn’t play at all in the third one.

Oops should NOT have been playing.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

My interest level actually ticked up a bit. Seeing how the new coach handles Kirk in the pre-season is of interest to me. I thought the coaching staff bungled the opportunity last pre-season with a brand new O-coordinator and holding the starters out for game 3. The risk vs. reward calculation tells me that playing the starters for the whole first half is the smart play, and the first series in the second half is the smartest play to get a team ready for game one. That goes doubly true for teams with a coordinator or coaching changes. Last season the level of football across the NFL was pretty bad for the first few weeks IMO. Teams were not prepared.

maddogg

I didn’t know Minnesota still had a team. toast toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t understand how Sean Mannion has a job AND continues to get valuable reps. He is terrible. I didn’t like Mond out of college, and he has done nothing to change my opinion as a pro, however he is young and athletic with a good arm. He (and another young athletic QB) should be getting all the reps that Kirk doesn’t, both in practice and preseason. I didn’t watch much of the game, and what I did see Mond still is slow processing his reads, but did have a decent stat line 9/14 119 yards 2 TD’s and 130 Rating.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t understand how Sean Mannion has a job AND continues to get valuable reps. He is terrible.

You’re right, he’s awful. His stats even in preseason games are not very good, and when he has to come in for Cousins during the regular season, its a complete train wreck.

Luckily, Cousins is a very durable QB. He rarely gets injured. But if Mannion has to take over at some point, its going to get really ugly, quickly.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

It’s Pre-season. GO FOR IT ON 4TH and GOAL!!!!

That’s all I got here…..

-J.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

It’s Pre-season. GO FOR IT ON 4TH and GOAL!!!!

That’s all I got here…..

-J.

I’m with you there, Jon! Preseason is about learning what your team has and doesn’t have, and how to win in those situations. They should have totally gone for it. It’s almost like the HC forgot it was preseason.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I think he was trying to evaluate our kicker jester

JEREMY
    BP

Why would they have to evaluate our kicker? We have a history of solid kickers here.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    I don’t understand how Sean Mannion has a job AND continues to get valuable reps. He is terrible.

You’re right, he’s awful. His stats even in preseason games are not very good, and when he has to come in for Cousins during the regular season, its a complete train wreck.

Luckily, Cousins is a very durable QB. He rarely gets injured. But if Mannion has to take over at some point, its going to get really ugly, quickly.

If Mannion is #2 (pun intended) on opening day I’d have serious concerns with the new staff.

lindyrig79

I don’t have a lot of takeaways from that preseason game. Yes, they looked like garbage. But with hardly any starters playing and a new coaching staff, to be expected.

Will be interesting to see how KOC handles himself and the team.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If Mannion is #2 (pun intended) on opening day I’d have serious concerns with the new staff.

KFAN was basically talking about a backup QB controversy all day yesterday. Common Man Dan Cole kept trying to egg on Mark Rosen about turning it into a “starting QB controversy” instead lol. Rosie refused to budge on that one.

Aboxy17

Well… Back to the old version of Mond I guess. Our Rookie CB got hurt which sucks. Typical boring preseason. The big controversy seems to be our backup RB situation and the fact that we may have to cut Mattison if we do not find a team to trade him to.

lindyrig79

Mond sucks. Still a very bad pick IMO. Also, thought Cousins was gonna take at least a few snaps, guess not.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Spielman was a clown and drafting a guy like Mond was a nail in his coffin. sure he got lucky with guys like Diggs/Hunter late in drafts but he was not good at his job. i don’t have much faith with the new guy either after the way he handled the draft but we will see.

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

Why would they have to evaluate our kicker? We have a history of solid kickers here.

rotflol That’s damn funny right there…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I would still much rather have Mond as the backup QB than Mannion. Mond is going to make mistakes as a young QB, but he has a much higher ceiling than Mannion. Mannion needs to be completely cut from the roster.

CaptainMusky

Monds one int was a good read where he audibled just made a terrible pass. Too early to give up on him as I think he has upside but there will be bumps in the road for sure. Backup QB is my biggest concern.

Aboxy17

Cam Newton baby! Or trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Cam Newton baby! Or trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

you really haven’t watched football in a couple 3-4 years eh? Teddy ok but
    Cam has no business playing in this league ever again.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.