2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Odds the Wild can sign top college UFA Jason Polin? Might scare him away knowing all the prospects we have coming… Wild are pushing hard for him…

Ripjiggen

Meh.. Very few make a big impact at the NHL level. Especially those that have one good year when they are 23/24.
    Getting better players in Iowa is always a good thing however.

CaptainMusky

When was the last time deadline moves moved the needle like this year? Ever? Sundquist is hot, klingberg has been good and Johansson has elevated Boldy. Awesome moves.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Team defense is a gong show tonight…. Zuccy is so lost without Kirill, Foligno could be an odd man out when everyone gets healthy…. His game is just bad this entire season… mostly lazy mental mistakes like that PP drop pass to the neutral zone resulting in a 3-1…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good god Boldy, what a shot. He’s feeling’ it lately

CaptainMusky

Good god Boldy, what a shot. He’s feeling’ it lately

He’s on fire! The magic factor is adding someone who can skate to his line Johansson.

JoeMX1825
    MN

and of course Foligno scores… his game is still bad…

CaptainMusky

The special teams are a concern right now.

CaptainMusky

Boldy is on an absolute heater right now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Jesus now Forester just ripped one off the post and in.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Is this a PHI home broadcast??

CaptainMusky

ESPN+ is how I’m watching it so it’s ESPN.

tswoboda

Wild are getting thumped by a bad team, what do you expect them to say? Everything sounds like a homer broadcast against the Wild if you’re used to Lapanta.

basseyes

Holy Boldy!

PP looks awful.

Severely out played and somehow snag another point.

basseyes

No Addison is idiotic without Klingberg.

Still snagged a completely undeserved point. Played like garbage.

CaptainMusky

Bad bad game special teams are a major concern which I mentioned already.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Bad bad game special teams are a major concern which I mentioned already.

PP will be fine when Kirill gets back, without him Zuccy is lost and nobody takes control..

AK Guy

No Addison is idiotic without Klingberg.

Still snagged a completely undeserved point. Played like garbage.

It was sloppy. Lucky to get one point.

CaptainMusky

Yup lucky to get a point against a terrible team. Not good.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The other guys get paid to win as well, be happy with getting any points, especially on the road…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Keep your foot on the gas, everybody else is…any losing streaks right now can turn disasterous with how EVERYONE is playing…

Attachments:
    1. test-2.jpg

JoeMX1825
    MN

wonder if Deano and Staff are benching Merril for Saturday’s game because he made the same mistakes Addison did against the Bruins in terms of being hesitant to defend on the tieing goal a minute after Boldy scored in the 3rd or because the Powerplay is so terrible and Addy should help it?

tswoboda

wonder if Deano and Staff are benching Merril for Saturday’s game because he made the same mistakes Addison did against the Bruins in terms of being hesitant to defend on the tieing goal a minute after Boldy scored in the 3rd or because the Powerplay is so terrible and Addy should help it?

The real question is who is going to step up and write a couple paragraphs on how that goal was in no way Merrill’s fault? That’s the hero we need right now chased

I’m happy to see Addy back in the line-up, thought he should/would be last night with Klingberg out as well.

But for real that was a goal off the rush where Merrill got exposed because his gap was trash so he got stuck trying to defend against speed while flat footed. Terrible play by Merrill but either you’re reaching for the Addison comparison just to take a shot at me (I respect it) or you really have no clue what Addison struggles with defensively.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I asked Russo if a Yurov contract with the Wild is in the works, he replied they are currently in discussions on it…would be cool to see him in Iowa next year getting more than 30 seconds of icetime a game…

JoeMX1825
    MN

But for real that was a goal off the rush where Merrill got exposed because his gap was trash so he got stuck trying to defend against speed while flat footed.

Flat footed? Merril’s guy was standing still on the blueline along the boards when he entered the zone from a pass, he had zero speed other than starting from a dead stop…yes, it’s the gap that’s the problem… my point is that this is exactly what Deano complained about postgame after the Bruins game, the Defense being hesistant and not engaging early enough…Merril gave the guy a 6′ gap shooting from the circle dot…

I’m not taking a shot at you or anybody, merely asking if this was the reason for Merril’s benching tomorrow night? Holding players accountable for making the same mistakes or we just need something to spark the PP1 group?

Attachments:
    1. test2.jpg

2. test-3.jpg

Tom schmitt

The Addison playing instead of Merril is silly. Merril plays the left side Addison plays the right.
    Klingburg and Goligoski can play either side, which is what makes them more valuable.
    Not every defenseman can swap sides and to expect a defenseman that is struggling to start is a big ask.

tswoboda

You’re really going with option B, huh?

It was a freaking goal off the rush…

tswoboda

Klingburg and Goligoski can play either side, which is what makes them more valuable.
    Not every defenseman can swap sides and to expect a defenseman that is struggling to start is a big ask.

I find this really interesting and have never been able to figure it out why it’s such a huge deal in the NHL. I get there’s advantages and disadvantages, I just never played at a high enough level to have it be a serious problem. Some coaches, Mike Babcock is the biggest example, pretty much refuse to play defenseman on their off hand. Would love to talk with some NHL D or coaches and see why they can’t or can play their off-hand D.

Viewing 30 posts - 5,011 through 5,040 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.