“Local” WI guides???

• whittsend

I was looking into some of the guide options available in the state… Mississippi canvasback hunts, Lake Michigan layout hunts, Lake Superior hunts for oddball sea ducks, etc.. Lots of cool and unique options out there!

What guides/experiences around the state do you recommend? Any that you’d avoid? Any fun stories to share about a guide hunt that you’ve been on recently?

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Whittsend,

I have not been on a guided hunt in wisconsin for ducks, until this year. My dad and 2 brothers are going on a full day hunt on November 1st on the Mississippi River with: http://www.addictedriverguiding.com/hunting.php

I’ll post a report after our hunt. Hoping to get some Bull Cans or Redheads!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I don’t have a guide to recommend, BUT…will tell you if you have never done a Lake MI open water hunt – DO IT!

Back when I lived in Racine we hunted the late 70’s and through the 80’s/90’s out there. Most of what i ever did for duck hunting was 3 to 5 miles out of Racine, due east. 18 Lund Alaskan with all the decoys pre-strung at 12 and 24 per run & layered with burlap. Dump a brick and drop line, attach your string, and fling them out. Create an “alley” or landing strip in the middle. Drop a couple guys in float tubes and run the boat out of there. We would alternate between guys in the boat and float tubes. To have 200-300 ducks fly in from 3-5 feet over the water and dump in the landing strip was a riot. We found every-other year “Old Squaws” would migrate down via Lake MI. Very cool looking ducks and not bad eating.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.