Chase Maves’ First Fish -19″Sauger

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I took a few pics of Chase and his fish, and thought I’d post them on a separate post.

Chase,
    Congrats on your nice SAuger.. I am working on a few pictures here in a few minutes. This is not only chase’s first Sauger, it is his FIRST FISH..
    I was jigging next to the Maves’, and this guy says, hey “Jack, you still mounting fish????”
    I said yes, and I couldn’t quite tell who was talking to me, turned out to be Mike M. (Mavzer), who I have not seen on the river for a very long time. We had a short chat while drifting down stream, and I agreed to MOUNT Chases fish for him.
    When Mavzer passed the fish over to me. Little Chase about lost his lower lip, he was just Pouting it right out there.
    He didn’t cry (he is 3 years old), but he sure wanted his fish BACK..
    I’ll include a pic or two here that I took when we were back at the ramp.
    and Mike, the no. you gave me didn’t work. call me.
    It might be a little tough, but I am going to try and get his fish finished before Christmas..
    I measured it, and It went 19 inches.
    COngrats again Chase and Mike.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Another Priceless shot.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Each of these pics are just a little bit different. and just too good to not put them ALL on here.
    Chase, YOU ROCK… 3 years old, too..
    Jack..

91482v

Those are the cutest pix I’ve ever seen!! Great job Chase…a 19″ Sauger is a fine fish on any day. Thanks for posting these for us. Ya put a big ol’ smile on this kermudgen’s face.

Andy

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Ran into a friend of mine Gary G from my fishing club, with his brand new Lund Pike 18.

Great boat Gary…

Jack….

shayla

Awesome pictures! Better Photo-Shop a hat on his head though, so mom don’t see him without his hat!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Thanks Jack and Dean for the great pics… Chase has been talking about his big mean fish.. that has lots of teeth all night. Great day on the water…

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

your right about that, and sun screen. HE DID, tho in the boat have on his life jacket the whole time I was talking to his Dad, and Chase knew he had to have it on, he did not try and take it off, which I had a problem with when my kids were his age 30 years ago…
    Jack..

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Jack,I think you are now the official IDA/Everts Resort Photographer! Thanks for volunteering!

Congrats Mike!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Dean,
    Volunteering….

Does that come with a cabin and resort boat for 9 months out of the year????

You are on, See you Saturday.
    Have CAMERA – WILL TRAVEL
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thought I’d pull these pics back to the top so a few more members can enjoy this young man’s 1st fish.
    Again Chase, Way to GO,
    Jack.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats young MAN!

Wow, my first fish was probably like a 5 inch Gill.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Awesome job Chase.
    Great photos Jack
    Thanks for sharing

riverfan
    MN

Awsome start, Chase will be life-time angler!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.